Lead Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTDevReady, Denver, CO
Technologies: Node.js, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, Redis, Azure
- Architected and designed an online tutoring sessions system, with video calls, virtual whiteboard, screen sharing, file sharing, and text chat.
- Researched and compared communication platform as a service (CPaaS) providers to guide business decisions.
- Created some proof-of-concept web apps backed by Twilio, to demonstrate the core project features, such as video calls and the virtual whiteboard.
- Developed the project’s REST API using Noje.js, TypeScript, WebSockets, and PostgreSQL.
- Implemented continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) using Docker and Docker Compose and Azure Pipelines.
- Led the development team, giving directions, ensuring best practices and code quality.
Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2019DevReady, Denver, CO
Technologies: Node.js, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, React, Redis, Google OR-tools, AWS
- Designed the domain model of a complex routing optimization project.
- Researched vehicle route optimization problem (VRP) and created a proof of concept prototype using Google OR-tools.
- Architected and developed the project’s REST API using Node.js, TypeScript, and PostgreSQL.
- Architected and developed a real-time system responsible for receiving millions of vehicle notifications per day. Built with socket.io and a queue backed by Redis, ensuring scalability and fast response times.
- Implemented continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) using CircleCI and AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- Created more than one thousand unit and integration tests, having around 90% of test coverage.
- Acted as the most experienced developer in the team, naturally assuming a team lead position and coordinating the work of three developers.
Senior Software Engineer2012 - 2018ChipTiming/TicketRun
Technologies: React, Node.js, GraphQL, MongoDB, ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server, Microsoft Azure, Scrum, TDD
- Architected, designed, and developed the company’s eCommerce where runners can register themselves in races, similar to the New York Marathon, that take place in Brazil.
- Architected, designed, and developed a mid-size application to manage internal processes, tracking the production of bib numbers tagged with RFID chips. Built with Node.js, MongoDB, GraphQL, and React.
- Introduced TDD methodology, GitFlow, and some Scrum concepts such as sprints and daily meetings.
- Mentored junior and mid-level developers through code reviews, explaining best practices and principles such as SOLID and DRY.
- Identified application bottlenecks making use of profiling tools and solved them by improving database queries, implementing caching, code optimization, and more.
- Helped redesign the financial module with multiple features and reports that brought more control and transparency to clients, becoming a key business differentiator.
- Re-engineered the payment architecture allowing different payment platforms to be integrated seamlessly.
- Migrated the company’s eCommerce application and database to Microsoft’s Azure Platform, improving performance, reliability, and scalability, reducing costs and simplifying the system administration.
- Implemented automated continuous deployment, integrating Git repositories with Azure Platform, facilitating the release of new versions of web applications.
- Implemented unit and integration tests with Jest and end-to-end tests with Cypress.
Software Engineer2010 - 2012Sercom Contact Center
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Entity Framework
- Collaborated in the development of a new version of a workflow web application, the company’s core product.
- Designed and built custom call center applications for the company’s clients, participating in the whole life cycle, since gathering requirements until the application deployment and maintenance.
- Guided trainees to accomplish easy- to mid-level tasks while explaining programming concepts.
Software Engineer2007 - 2010ChipTiming Cronometragem
Technologies: C#, Windows Forms, WPF, ASP.NET, NHibernate, SQL Server, SQLite, MySQL
- Designed and developed two mission-critical desktop applications replacing outdated solutions. The software collects and processes hundreds of thousands of data in real time from RFID readers used in races similar to the New York Marathon, that take place in Brazil.
- Architected and developed a client-server desktop application used to manage runners registrations and control races kit pick-up operations, creating a whole new service provided by the company.
- Created a brand new version of the company’s website with results and events calendar.
- Proposed software solutions to improve internal processes.
- Awarded Best Employee of the Year twice by the company and coworkers.