Wasik is a full-stack iOS (Objective-C, Swift) and C++ developer with a passion for tech product development. Besides his robust tech skills, Wasik also has founded an analytics startup and acted as the CTO of an eCommerce marketplace to revamp their platform to support growth. Wasik's value is really evident on projects where he works from the beginning—from a roughly sketched idea to a high-quality deliverable—by connecting with everyone from the product owner to the customer to the ops team.
ExperienceC++ - 9 yearsiOS Native Libraries - 8 yearsXcode - 8 yearsObjective-C - 8 yearsGit - 7 yearsSwift - 6 yearsCocoaPods - 5 yearsMySQL - 5 years
C++, Objective-C, Swift, Linux, OS X
The most amazing...
...program I've developed is a 2-player variant of the snake game, where someone can write a snake bot to play against another bot.
- Started with a legacy OpenCart application running on a shared server and converted that to a full-fledged eCommerce marketplace with customized clients for web, Android, iOS, sellers, and the internal operations team.
- Grew the team from zero to five developers including DevOps, back-end, and mobile engineers.
- Laid out the vision for the product for the next couple of years considering customer journey, UX, marketing, and operational automation.
- Managed the team using Agile methodologies with daily standups, weekly sprints, and Kanban boards and issues trackers.
- Developed the iOS app (pending release) from scratch as an added responsibility.
- Prepared an analytical dashboard for usage in different units in the company with Metabase and MySQL.
- Contributed to porting a complex C++ library to run in the iOS environment.
- Developed the business logic and the UI for an end-to-end encrypted email client.
- Set up continuous integration and a delivery pipeline with Fastlane using Xcode Server.
- Developed for the iOS platform using Alamofire on the network layer and AutoLayout for the UI.
- Integrated deep linking for users to browse their content directly from the web URL.
- Integrated Authorize.Net SDK for payment processing.
Founder | CEO | Lead Mobile Engineer
- Led a team of three developers to deliver a web and iPad-based SaaS CRM system for a pharmaceuticals marketing executive who used it to track doctors, schedule appointments, and submit meeting reports. Developed the iPad application myself.
- Marketed the MVP and sold the subscription to two top and one mid-tier company with the help of a business development executive. The subscribers used it for over two years to run teams of 50-100 marketing executives each.
- Managed a 3-person tech team to develop a reporting system using Go and React for the clients which can take legacy data from Excel/CSV files and help generate business dashboards for easier decision making.
- Developed an iOS application using reactive architecture (VIPER) and MVVM (model-view-viewmodel).
- Built-up the data layer using the Realm mobile database.
- Developed the mobile back end using Parse (Core, notifications, cloud functions).
- Helped to migrate the back end from Parse Cloud to Parse Server.
- Used third-party services like Mixpanel, Acuant, and Socure.
- Set up unit testing using XCTest, continuous integration and delivery using GitHub, GreenhouseCI, and TestFlight, and production crash reporting using Crashlytics and Slack.
Senior Software Engineer
Mukto Software Limited
- Developed iPOS, an iPad-based POS application for the US florist industry.
- Created Shop-o-Lot, an iPhone-based shopping recommendation app.
- Delivered GleeBox, an iPhone-based local product discovery app.
- Developed Rite2MP, an iPhone app for UK citizens to connect with their Member of Parliaments.
- Made the Bot-Development-Kit, a bot writing and simulating platform, in C++.
Rezzie, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Set up a VPS with Ubuntu 14.04.
- Set up Python, PHPMyAdmin (for MySQL), and MySQLdb as Python Driver for MySQL.
- Created a Foursquare app to use their API.
- Wrote a Python script to crawl restaurant data from their database.
- Cleaned up and filtered saved data according to the client's requirements.
- Designed the UI.
- Integrated a REST API, Facebook SDK (login, comments, profile deep linking), Foursquare API, and Mixpanel Analytics.
- Handled geotagging and location-based searching.
- Developed the UI.
- Integrated a REST API and Mixpanel Analytics.
iOS Developer (Contract)
- Developed the UI.
- Integrated a REST API, Google Maps, geocoding, and reverse geocoding.
Google Summer of Code Intern
- Helped build Chromium and Native Client projects.
- Ported Qt and Pencil (a Qt-based desktop app) to Native Client using PPAPI.
- Ran Pencil in Chromium using Native Client.
Shop O' Lot (now ShopJester)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shopjester/id895084572?mt=8
SkyGrid (Now Algo: Real-time News)
Bot Development Kithttps://github.com/rushafi/bot-development-kit
Core Location, Cocoa Touch, Viper, Core Bluetooth, Qt, Express.js
Twitter SDK, CocoaPods, PayPal API, Foursquare API, Parse SDK, Stripe, Facebook iOS SDK, Google Maps, Authorize.net, iOS Native Libraries, Standard Template Library (STL), HealthKit, Protobuf, React, Alamofire, Xcode Server, Node.js
Crashlytics, Slack, GitHub, Bitbucket, Auto Layout, Git, Terminal, Xcode, Sublime Text 2
Model View Controller (MVC), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Functional Programming, Agile Software Development, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Scrum, DevOps, VIPER Architecture, Unit Testing
Parse, iOS, Android, Firebase, MacOS, Linux, OS X, Mixpanel
Realm, MySQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB
Leadership, Stripe Payments, Apple Pay, Team Mentoring, High-tech Startups, Requirements & Specifications, Encryption, Product Design, Product Management, Mobile Payments, Computer Science, Bots, Loans & Lending
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology - Dhaka, Bangladesh