Full-stack Developer2021 - PRESENTPicture Shop - Post Dev
- Developed a SaaS solution to manage video content and integrate the Azure Video Indexer service to extract metadata from videos.
- Helped develop dedicated RESTful APIs that are consumed by the iOS app.
- Improved access control, enabling multi-role collaborating, producing, and managing video assets.
- Improved the authorization flow, converted from OKTA to Azure Active Directory.
- Created adapter and RESTful endpoints to collect and manage data from remote ScheduaALL service through SOAP endpoints.
- Assisted the team in making small feature improvements on other microservices and internal SaaS platforms.
AWS Developer to Build Custom APIs2021 - 2022HUB International - Main
Technologies: Python, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Flask, Flask-RESTful, Flask-Admin, Flask-Marshmallow, SQLAlchemy, Datadog, Sentry, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Pytest, Celery, PostgreSQL, AWS
- Developed an automated pipeline to analyze policy and billing data content upon uploading to the S3 bucket by integrating AWS Lambda and Amazon Textract Service into a Flask-based microservice, which I built from scratch.
- Developed an automated pipeline to do web scraping for certain insurance carriers to collect policy billing data.
- Organized collected billing and policy data in a standard and normalized way in the DB that is easy to query.
- Developed endpoints to acquire an authentication token to perform the REST endpoints, including CRUD PDF, analyze tasks/scrapping tasks from different business units/carriers, and CRUD collected policy data and billing data.
- Integrated flask-smorest to enable auto-generated API docs.
- Built the admin page behind separate authentication to manage DB models and API users.
- Converted Dockerized items to Helm Charts and helped deploy the service in Kubernetes clusters. Set up integrated AWS resources from the AWS console.
- Provided clear documentation on how to maintain the codebase, run locally, and deploy to AWS.
- Set up health monitors in Datadog and Sentry for the application.
Engineering Manager and Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2022Dash Hudson
- Collaborated with the team to build a visual marketing SaaS platform that provides a one-stop solution to create, measure, and predict performance, see trends, enhance engagement, and distribute content to popular social media platforms.
- Led multiple big front-end features with complicated UI requirements and built multiple front-end modules from scratch for the company's SaaS platform.
- Built multiple microservices from scratch to support massive social media data imports and storage sourced from Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Built RESTful APIs empowered by Elasticsearch. Managed periodic tasks and async job queues.
- Built and launched a Chrome extension to extend our support of the SaaS platform to our customers.
Lead Software Developer2020 - 2020Construction Disputes, LLC
- Refactored an existing legacy project and developed a SaaS platform that helps users file construction claims or acquire construction bonds. Enriched the current admin back-end to make it easier to use.
- Introduced automated testing tools, user behavior analysis tools, and project management tools to improve the development process. Integrated the platform with HubSpot to assist with marketing operations.
- Involved in feature and UI design and proposed new functions to improve user experience.
- Maintained the production server and staging server. Handled each feature test, deployment, and release. Oversaw the project launch.
Full-stack Developer, Project Manager2015 - 2017Ubielife
- Solely created an iOS App integrated with a NFC card reader to charge delivery fees and save delivery record for a food delivery company. It comes with restaurant dashboard and admin dashboard to CURL delivery records, export invoices.
- Led a team to create an image sharing app that has roles including visitors, artists, and admin. It works similarly to Instagram but only artwork can be posted.
- Created a hybrid donation app using Angular and Django to collect donations for communities.
- Provided Swift training courses for students at Dalhousie University on behalf of Ubielife Inc.