PHP Developer in Rochester, NY, United States
Software Engineer2016 - PRESENTThird & Grove
Technologies: Drupal 7, Drupal 8, WordPress
- Developed and maintained enterprise websites using Drupal 7, Drupal 8, and WordPress.
Freelance Web Developer2012 - PRESENTFreelance Work
Technologies: Drupal 7, WordPress, PHP, HTML/CSS
- Developed websites for local businesses in the Rochester, NY area.
- Maintained Drupal 7 websites.
- Built custom modules to implement functionalities on a contract basis.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Third & Grove
Technologies: Drupal 7, Drupal 8, Git
- Developed in Drupal 7 and 8 for enterprise-level clients.
- Collaborated 100% remotely with distributed development team across the US.
- Deployed projects on fully managed Drupal hosting, such as Acquia Cloud and Pantheon.
- Participated in project planning using Scrum and Kanban project management tools.
Drupal Consultant2014 - 2015George Eastman House
Technologies: Drupal 7
- Consulted on the Drupal 7 redesign of Eastman.org.
- Assisted with project planning, content strategy, and implementation decisions.
- Coded a responsive HTML/CSS Drupal 7 theme.
SEO Specialist | Web Developer2014 - 2015Accelerate Media Inc.
Technologies: Google Analytics, AdWords, WordPress, WooCommerce, Magento, Yii
- Performed SEO audits and managed Google Analytics implementation.
- Managed AdWords PPC campaigns.
- Planned and executed A/B testing.
- Performed keyword research using Searchlight.
- Developed websites for clients in WordPress and the Yii Framework.
- Maintained the server and handled mail deliverability bugs.
- Managed the development team.
- Provided customer support for ongoing clients.
Drupal Consultant2012 - 2014Museum of Science
Technologies: Drupal 7, WordPress, PHP
- Participated in the planning and development of Drupal 7 redesign of mos.org.
- Converted microsites from WordPress to Drupal 7.
Web Technologies Specialist2009 - 2011The Strong
Technologies: Drupal 6, PHP, MySQL, Apache, Google Analytics, Transact-SQL
- Developed the Drupal 6 implementation of TheStrong.org family of websites.
- Developed image/video submission contest websites with Drupal 6.
- Designed and maintained WordPress blogs.
- Built a custom PHP application to view museum collections online.
- Compiled monthly web analytics reports with Google Analytics.
- Wrote custom Transact-SQL reports for the Siriusware ticketing system.
Student Web Programmer2008 - 2009The College at Brockport
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, CakePHP
- Coded the site content and style updates in HTML/CSS for the main campus website.
- Developed custom web applications for the campus departments using PHP and MySQL.
- Built an event registration system with CakePHP.
- Wrote HTML/CSS code for the redesign of Brockport.edu.
- Trained the staff for HTML content editing with Dreamweaver.
- WesJones.net (Development)http://www.wesjones.net/
This is a multilingual website built with Twitter Bootstrap.
- Technicolor 100 (Development)https://www.eastman.org/technicolor
I did the Drupal 7 planning and development of a responsive site for Technicolor's 100th anniversary.
- Monroe Tractor (Development)http://www.monroetractor.com/
This is a WordPress website where I did significant development with the Windows REST API to integrate the site catalog with the client's product database.
- The Strong Online Collections (Development)
I worked on the online collections project in PHP to display museum collections.
ToolsDrush, Git, Vagrant, MySQL Performance Tuning, Git Flow, GitHub, RVM, RPM, Composer, MailChimp, MAMP, Postfix, Sendmail
PlatformsDrupal, Drupal 7, Drupal 6, WordPress, Drupal 8, Acquia, Pantheon, Linux, MacOS, Windows
OtherCommand Line, XAMPP Stack
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Scrum, Kanban
FrameworksiOS SDK, AngularJS, Ionic, CakePHP, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Android SDK
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems and Mathematics2005 - 2009The College at Brockport - Brockport, NY, USA