Wilk Coelho Maia
Verified Expert in Engineering
Wilk is a self-taught programmer, back-end developer, and electrical engineer with experience working remotely. Since 2007, he's been programming in C, and during those years, he's had substantial interactions with a diversity of systems, from low-level applications (embedded systems) to high-level abstractions. Currently, Wilk is working as a tech leader for a payment industry player in Brazil.
GitHub, Git, Vim Text Editor, MacOS, Google Sheets, CI/CD Pipelines, REST API Architecture, SQL, Linux, REST APIs
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on consisted of developing a PCI-compliant environment from scratch, including the software and infrastructure as code.
Senior Software Developer
- Worked on the team that developed an educational hub for a company in the positive behavior training field.
- Assisted on several open source projects either maintained or sponsored by the company.
- Built and delivered a customer support interface for a company in the gambling industry. As part of this project, we have also designed and delivered a data migration tool to move several terabytes of data from Oracle to the new database.
Node.js Developer for Innovative AAA-level Game Studio
AlwaysGeeky Game, Inc.
- Developed a real-time back-end engine POC for an online game.
- Deployed a containerized cluster of services into AWS ECS using Pulumi.
- Set continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines using GitHub Actions to automate and speed up development flow.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Devised cost-reduction strategies for the company's multi-provider infrastructure.
- Supported a Deis-based legacy infrastructure running on AWS.
- Helped to develop Terraform modules and to migrate services between old and new infrastructure.
- Built a monitoring infrastructure for active and new services.
- Wrote scripts to automate internal workflows and CI/CD operations.
Back-end and API Developer for Unity WebGL App
- Designed, developed, and successfully deployed a back-end service for a Unity WebGL front-end application that relied on large data sets for 3D printing models.
- Created, developed, and deployed a solution to handle credit card payments and asynchronous 3D model downloads.
- Managed a small development team to fulfill the requirements.
VMware Driver Developer
Novo #lectronique, Inc.
- Developed a Linux driver for custom hardware to be used on VMWare ESXi virtual machines.
- Debugged and fixed issues remotely in Kernel space with on-site help to manage the physical test server.
- Launched the required driver with the expected requirements.
- Worked on new features, bug fixes, and improvements to the company's payment system and API.
- Designed and developed a new infrastructure as a service from scratch.
- Designed and developed new services to be used with existing ones and to replace old ones.
- Served as a technical leader, helping to make decisions regarding the future of the company's development team.
- Developed new features, made improvements, and fixed bugs on embedded libraries and mobile applications that use those libraries.
- Developed software to analyze cervical spine deviation.
- Worked with image visualization using C++ with OpenCV.
- Delivered a solution to automatically calculate cervical spine deviation for patients with scoliosis and lordosis using MRI images.
I worked there as an English-Portuguese translator at first. Then I started developing the emulator's scripts with a custom scripting language. Simultaneously, I started studying C by myself and with the help of the C community. Finally, I started working as a developer on the emulator's core, making improvements, adding new features, and fixing bugs.
After a couple of years, I started coordinating the development team and helping to manage the community.
1. Add candidates.
2. Add voters.
3. Start an election (keep track of the current year to select the kind of election).
4. Get the election status.
5. Keep track of past elections (stores data on a simple text file).
It was a project (theme chosen by the students) for a Programming class in the first year of my electrical engineering graduation.
Linear System Solverhttps://github.com/wilkmaia/linear-systems-solver
Osciloscope Draw System
My group had the mission of implementing the drawing component. We were responsible for receiving the input pixels, lines, rectangles, or area coordinates and showing the corresponding geometric figure on an LCD display.
The project was implemented on SystemVerilog on an ALTERA DE0-Nano FPGA.
Remote Temperature and Luminosity Control
Using a remote control, a user would set the desired temperature and luminosity threshold. The in-place system would then activate the lights or cooling systems when the luminosity or temperature would fall below or above the set thresholds. The remote communication feature was made using RFID, and the project was implemented in C and Assembly.
Advent of Code Solutionshttps://github.com/wilkmaia/adventofcode
• The challenges themselves are available at Adventofcode.com.
• The solutions in this repository have been written in Rust.
Express.js, .NET, Angular, Ionic
Node.js, React, REST APIs, Stripe API, Stripe, OpenCV, jQuery, Deis
Terraform, Shell, MATLAB, GitLab, Systemd, Fastly, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Packer, Vault, Google Sheets, Vim Text Editor, Git, GitHub, Ansible, MongoDB Atlas
API Architecture, Microservices, DevOps, REST API Architecture, Automation, Scalable Application, Database Design, Agile, REST, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI)
Arch Linux, Linux, Amazon EC2, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Arduino, Docker, Ubuntu, MacOS, Kubernetes, Blockchain, Kernel Programming, AWS Lambda
MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), JSON, Relational Databases, Cloud Deployment, NoSQL, Cassandra, Amazon DynamoDB, MariaDB
Leadership, Code Architecture, Architecture, Shell Scripting, Embedded Systems, Payment Gateways, REST API Clients, Back-end, CI/CD Pipelines, Data Structures, Amazon RDS, Financial Software, State Machines, Cloud, Distributed Systems, Relational Data Mapping, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, Payment APIs, Web Development, API Integration, CSV File Processing, Data Architecture, Nomad, Consul, Technical Leadership, Linux Kernel, Linux Kernel Drivers, Linux Kernel Programming, Front-end, Scalable Architecture, eCommerce, Stripe Payments, Software Architecture, Software System Architecture Development, PIC16, Microcontrollers, FPGA, Algorithms, Linear Optimization, Genetic Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Scripting, APIs, Libraries, Pulumi, WebSockets, VMware ESXi, Device Drivers, Linux Device Driver, Browsers, HTTP, Webhooks, Networking, Large Data Sets, Asynchronous I/O, Challenge-based Learning
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Universidade Federal do Piauí - Teresina, Brazil