Software Engineer2021 - 2021Neural Concept
Technologies: Python 3, Flask, Vue.js, Vuex, Azure, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Webhooks
- Integrated with Azure Marketplace and fulfillment and Graph APIs to create a Flask and Vue.js landing page for a SaaS Azure Marketplace offer, delivering on time to satisfied stakeholders.
- Connected the Azure Marketplace offer configuration with a stateless JWT scheme that allowed administrators to activate and monitor user subscriptions.
- Wrote the Azure Marketplace webhook integration to respond and notify administrators and send responses to Azure upon receipt of subscription change or cancellation.
Full-stack Developer | Project Manager2018 - 2021Quest for Success
- Designed, developed, built, and maintained an AI-integrated system with over 2,000 active users to help high school students and the non-profit organization guiding them through the college application process.
- Designed and built a Django web application to administratively manage said system, integrating with Google Docs, College Scorecard, and a variety of other services.
- Developed a hybrid-cloud strategy to manage the transition from traditional local Windows server-based technology to CI/CD cloud deployment pipelines, with all constituents satisfied on budget, timeline, and performance.
- Designed, developed, and deployed mobile Flutter app for iOS and Android, which integrated with hardware NFC scanning, and previously built back-end systems to implement mobile check-in and education systems for students.
- Directed a team in producing a suite of advertisements, promotional videos, and tutorials about the systems and services we built.
- Planned, built, and launched emergency remote teaching services for staff at the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis in one week, enabling essential processes to continue with almost no downtime in March 2020.
- Developed, deployed, and maintained an automatically managed enrollment system in React and Typescript, Firebase, and Google Cloud.
Software Engineering Fellow2020 - 2020Civic Digital Fellowship | US Federal Government
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails 5, React, Webpack, Encryption, AWS Key Management Service (KMS), Cloud
- Collaborated with the login.gov team members to maintain, produce, and develop technologies across the stack of their product, from building AWS KMS encryption modules in Rails to writing React integrations for document capture processes.
- Researched, developed a plan for, and presented a proposal on the feasibility of new encryption technologies as applied to the work of login.gov.
- Built tools and scripts to improve the testing and debugging processes of login.gov, integrating with existing CI/CD infrastructure.
Web and App Developer2018 - 2020Carleton College Web Services
Technologies: PHP, GraphQL, WordPress, Java, Swift, Android, iOS
- Redesigned and optimized existing legacy Android and iOS apps, delivering improved and expanded apps on time and coordinating with teams across campus.
- Collaborated with the web services staff to migrate from a legacy custom PHP system to a WordPress stack hosted on Google Cloud and delivering end-to-end unit and integration testing framework.
- Proposed and launched a project to create an accessible consolidated campus GraphQL API, organizing stakeholders and working with teams across campus.
- Wrote custom React integration with WordPress Gutenberg, reducing the friction in the workflow for content editors, and decreasing friction for content stakeholders.
Software Development Intern2018 - 2018Acceletrade
Technologies: Redis, Python, Django, High-frequency Trading (HFT), ETL
- Designed and created a real-time Django, Redis, and Google Charts financial visualization system, to assist traders with visualizing order flow and other information.
- Wrote an ETL pipeline to coordinate the high-speed and secure transfer of financial data between teams, setting up a secure Redis server in the process.
- Discovered network security vulnerability in the course of work, followed proper procedure for documenting, and provided advice on patching.
- Built a cross-platform and cross-browser testing framework, including Selenium testing structure, and instrumented the system to allow distinction of automated and developer supported tests. Found and fixed existing application errors in the process.
- Proposed, built, and deployed a new Docker containerization stack for the existing system, resulting in an updated, standardized, and secure deployment pipeline.