Verified Expert in Engineering
MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MySQL Workbench, Adobe, Postman, React, Redux, TypeScript, Webpack, Node.js
The most amazing...
...experience I've had as a professional was migrating a PHP monolithic application to a Node.js microservices architecture.
Senior Front-end Developer
Milliman, Inc. -- LTS
- Integrated AG Grid to replace their legacy component causing recurring bugs and re-renders. This isolated a lot of complex logic that wasn't fully unit tested.
- Centralized many components into a shared library accessible to all their front-end applications. Incorporated the Carbon component library into these components and provided visual automated testing with Storybook.
- Took time to ensure new and existing features had ample automated testing in each task. Used Jest to provide unit and integration testing and Playwright for E2E tests.
- Iteratively migrated MobX-dependent components to Redux. Added custom middleware to allow both data management libraries to communicate and sync state.
Senior Software Engineer
- Architected and implemented a data feed ingestor and digestor. This back-end worker ingested updates from multiple third-party APIs with different properties and digested them into a headless REST API that fed our mobile and web apps.
- Improved operations by introducing better practices like testing (Jest + React Testing Library), using a component library that I architected, eliminating bloatware, and spending time working on tech debt each sprint.
- Brought design and engineering together to build a system that would foster a seamless transfer between the two groups. This was done through the use of Tailwind CSS, which enforced our shared design system.
- Built a Next.js web application with server-side rendering to display marketing KPIs for franchisees that were learning how to run a business.
- Wrote a RESTful API in Node.js with Express.js to serve live information from Google and Facebook Analytics.
- Developed a UI and UX matching the company's brand and feel.
- Incorporated a MySQL server to be the intermediary between third-party services and the front-end client.
- Built a custom t-shirt design web application for bulk orders. Major clients included the Utah Jazz and universities.
- Developed a PMS for the Textile Graphix administrative team.
- Managed all aspects of technology in a startup environment.
- Rearchitected the legacy platform from PHP to Node.js to make it microservices-oriented.
- Managed four learning management systems, including a legacy system, a new system, and two third-party systems.
- Maintained 10+ Angular web apps, including a shopping cart, an admin app, and lead generation landing sites.
- Integrated Salesforce within Career Step's platform.
Junior Full-stack Developer
- Assisted Devmountain with migrating its database to Salesforce.
- Built a housing portal for use by management and tenants.
PV Design Manager
- Established and managed six state offices comprising a team of 24 CAD technicians.
- Programmed a small CRM that saved the company’s most important offices from failure.
- Worked with state offices to create accurate drawings in compliance with electrical, building, and fire codes.
Marketing KPI Dashboardhttps://www.williamcox.dev/hubsuite
Textile Graphix Sandboxhttps://textilegraphix-sandbox.herokuapp.com/
Electron Fortnite Ranking Apphttps://www.williamcox.dev/niteladder
React Native NBA Player Ranking Apphttps://www.williamcox.dev/dmvp
Next.js, Express.js, Electron, Tailwind CSS, Redux, Angular, Jest, React Native, MUI (Material UI)
Node.js, React, React Redux, Socket.IO, Lodash, Moment.js, Styled-jsx, REST APIs, Chart.js, Authorize.net, Stripe, AG Grid
Git, Redux Thunk, Babel, Webpack, Adobe, Postman, Google Analytics, Apache, Sequelize
Unit Testing, E2E Testing, Microservices
MacOS, Heroku, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Salesforce, Azure
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), JSON, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
Single Sign-on (SSO), Single-page Applications (SPA), APIs, Front-end, Back-end, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Learning Management Systems (LMS), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Content Management Systems (CMS), Product Management, Magic Link Authentication, Styled-components, Storybook, UI Testing, eCommerce, Software Architecture, Playwright, RTK Query, Carbon Design System, Nx
Coursework Toward Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Brigham Young University - Provo, UT, USA