Web Developer2015 - PRESENTPivotal Defense (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Django, TastyPie, AngularJS, Twitter Bootstrap, D3.js
- Created a RESTful API using Django and Tastypie to interact with cutting edge network security software.
- Created data models and database schema to represent complex data.
- Optimized database queries to handle tables containing millions of rows in a scalable fashion.
- Built a single page application using AngularJS to consume this API and allow users to view and modify the underlying data.
- Created visualizations using D3.js to give users a more thorough understanding of the underlying data.
Software Engineer2013 - PRESENTShowRoom Logic
- Maintained and extended a legacy PHP system used for management of Google AdWords campaigns.
- Created unit tests using PHPUnit and Jasmine.
- Updated the PHP back-end to migrate to new versions of the Google AdWords API.
- Ported parts of the system from MySQL to MongoDB.
- Implemented the data model using Doctrine2 ORM.
- Updated the development process with front-end testing using Jasmine.
Systems Architect2013 - 2014CareEvolution
Technologies: C#, SQL Server, AngularJS, jQuery
- Designed and developed an analytics platform for healthcare data.
- Designed and implemented back-end processes using C#.
- Created a data model using SQL Server.
Internal Tools Engineer2013 - 2014KeepSafe Software Inc. (via Toptal)
- Wrote a Chrome extension to translate Zendesk comments using the Google Translate API.
Software Engineer2012 - 2013MedSnap
Technologies: C++, Python, Objective-C, PHP, SQL Server, MySQL, SQLite
- Created a computer vision algorithm with C++ to recognize pills via an iPhone camera.
- Built prototypes of algorithms and analyzed data using Python.
- Assisted with the administration of a Linux/Apache server.
- Designed and optimized data models and stored procedures for SQL Server and MySQL.
- Designed and developed special-purpose file system utilities using Python.
- Optimized the data model for use on mobile devices with SQLite.
Research Assistant2009 - 2012Auburn University GPS and Vehicle Dynamics Laboratory
Technologies: C++, C, Python, Java
- Researched and designed an Autonomous Canine System.
- Developed the canine control algorithm using Python, C, and C++.
- Worked with electrical engineers to write embedded software for custom hardware.
- Ported the Canine Control System to Java for use on an Android device.
- Developed visualization tools using Python for presentation of research.
- Fixed security vulnerabilities in the lab website.
Programmer2008 - 2009SuperSigns
- Created desktop utilities using Python.
- Translated Photoshop documents to HTML/CSS.
- Maintained websites written in PHP, VB.NET, and C#.
- Developed sites in C#.
- Helped administer a few Windows servers running IIS.