Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2018Habit.com (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Docker
- Built the back-end for the client to run behind their kitchen using Ruby.
- Restructured the private homepage using React and SCSS for styling.
- Built the Results page entirely with React, React Router, and CSS-in-JS technique.
- Redefined how the front-end codebase is structured and how new internal applications will be styled using a lib called Glamorous.
- Participated in a small team to build their Coach Subscription program using Ruby on Rails and React.
- Integrated an external service called TextIt to handle SMS communications between Habit, coaches, and customers that are participating in their coaching program.
React.js Developer2017 - 2018Stabe (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, Redux, React-router, Ramda
- Created a single-page application using React.
- Created an authentication layer with API communication to avoid unlogged users accessing protected pages.
- Built responsive pages for mobile and desktop devices.
Web Develper2015 - 2016StickerMule
- Contributed to the company's public website and internal products.
Web Engineering2014 - 2015ArtList
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, Heroku, ElasticSearch
- Helped the team to develop a new version of ArtList using Ruby on Rails and AngularJS.
- Created an ID verification flow using IDChecker.
- Worked with continuous deployment using Travis CI.
- Worked with Stripe as the payment gateway.
- Performed TDD/BDD with the RSpec and Jasmine framework.
Web Developer2013 - 2013Brightbit.com
- Worked as part of the SwagExpert project team.
- Used CoffeeScript and SLIM template for the first time.
- Performed TDD/BDD with the MiniTest framework.
- Used the Heroku environment and CI policy.
Web Engineer2012 - 2013Baby.com.br
- Used all features of the AWS platform.
- Worked on a hybrid project with MySQL and MongoDB.
- Worked with continuous deployment.
Web Developer2012 - 2012EnvyLabs
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails
- Worked on SellSimple.com as a freelance web developer helping to solve several production problems.
- Joined the team when SellSimple.com was already in production. Tackled a variety of open tickets on GitHub issues.
- Worked with a RESTful API written with Rails.
- Worked on a non-DB Rails project. Used the API to store and read data and also to authenticate users.
- Worked with an international company for the first time.
Developer Team Leader2011 - 2012Buzzero.com
- Worked on a new e-learning platform using best practices in Ruby on Rails, MySQL, and Node.js. Proved that the company can grow with a small and focused team.
- Used Node.js to build a chat interface allowing students to talk with each other and their instructors.
- Created an entire production environment on Linode.com (SysOp).
- Converted the existing .NET application into a Ruby on Rails application.
- Led the development team.
Web Developer2010 - 2011Ikwa
- Worked with Ruby on Rails in the development of a new vocational guidance platform to help young people find the best career.
- Created an Agile Scrum culture in the company.
- Introduced a TDD culture to the development team and taught other developers how to test code.
- Built several Dojos with the team.
- Led the development team as CTO.
Web Developer2009 - 2010Freelance
- Worked as a freelancer on many projects including the website for Billboard, a Brazilian company.
- Worked with PHP, Python, and Ruby depending on project requirements.