HTML Developer in Medellín - Antioquia, Colombia
Lead Developer2011 - PRESENTAnother WordPress Classifieds Plugin
- Refactored the existing code to separate the core logic from the premium modules' logic.
- Developed a system to allow the core plugin to verify version compatibility with each of the add-ons.
- Updated the plugin installer to run upgrade routines in the background and to request users to perform asynchronous manual upgrades when necessary.
- Added support for Easy Digital Downloads (Software Licensing)—allowing customers to activate the licenses from the Dashboard and upgrade their premium modules from the Plugins admin page.
- Introduced unit tests using PHPUnit and the WordPress Unit Testing Framework.
- Gathered requirements and then designed and developed custom features for customers that wanted to extend the plugin.
WordPress Developer2009 - 2011Freelance Work
- Created WordPress websites for multiple employers from the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Developed WordPress websites from scratch; starting with a PSD document and a requirements document.
- Installed, configured, and extended WordPress plugins.
- Developed custom WordPress plugins and themes.
- Deployed websites to client servers.
- Configured VPS or shared hostings to run a WordPress website.
Web Developer2008 - 2009We Think Marketing
- Developed websites and web applications for local and international clients using Joomla, Drupal, WordPress, CakePHP, and Django.
- Configured staging and production environments under Linux.
- Installed an LDAP directory, email services, and other internal use applications.
- Another Unit Converter (Development)https://github.com/smilingrobots/another-unit-converter/
A WordPress plugin that allows visitors to see the currency amounts displayed in their local or preferred currency. No shortcodes or widgets are necessary because the plugin monitors posts and pages to identify currency amounts within the content.
On the front end, visitors are allowed to click on the detected amounts and display them in one of the supported currencies. When the currency for one amount changes, all amounts in the page are automatically converted as well.
- jQuery Timepicker (Development)http://timepicker.co
jQuery Timepicker is a plugin that helps users to select or type time strings.
The plugin enhances standard form input fields to parse the most used time representations—allowing users to enter time using their preferred way of writing it.
Libraries/APIsjQuery UI, jQuery
ToolsWP-CLI, Grunt.js, Sublime Text 3
- Bachelor's degree in Systems and Informatics Engineering2005 - 2010Universidad Nacional de Colombia - Medellín, Colombia