Verified Expert in Engineering
For over the past several years, Willington has been making a living as a WordPress developer creating plugins and premium add-ons. He loves writing high-quality code with a focus on providing great user experiences. Willington is a fast learner who enjoys cracking new puzzles and adapts rapidly to new environments.
WP-CLI, Grunt, Git, Vim Text Editor, Linux, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is jQuery Timepicker: an open source jQuery plugin that enhances standard form input fields to parse the most used time representations.
Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin
- Refactored the existing code to separate the core logic from the premium modules' logic.
- Developed a system to allow the core plugin to verify version compatibility with each of the add-ons.
- Updated the plugin installer to run upgrade routines in the background and to request users to perform asynchronous manual upgrades when necessary.
- Added support for Easy Digital Downloads (Software Licensing)—allowing customers to activate the licenses from the Dashboard and upgrade their premium modules from the Plugins admin page.
- Introduced unit tests using PHPUnit and the WordPress Unit Testing Framework.
- Gathered requirements and then designed and developed custom features for customers that wanted to extend the plugin.
- Created WordPress websites for multiple employers from the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Developed WordPress websites from scratch; starting with a PSD document and a requirements document.
- Installed, configured, and extended WordPress plugins.
- Developed custom WordPress plugins and themes.
- Deployed websites to client servers.
- Configured VPS or shared hostings to run a WordPress website.
We Think Marketing
- Developed websites and web applications for local and international clients using Joomla, Drupal, WordPress, CakePHP, and Django.
- Configured staging and production environments under Linux.
- Installed an LDAP directory, email services, and other internal use applications.
Another Unit Converterhttps://github.com/smilingrobots/another-unit-converter/
On the front end, visitors are allowed to click on the detected amounts and display them in one of the supported currencies. When the currency for one amount changes, all amounts in the page are automatically converted as well.
The plugin enhances standard form input fields to parse the most used time representations—allowing users to enter the time using their preferred way of writing it.
WordPress, MacOS, Linux
jQuery UI, jQuery
WP-CLI, Sublime Text 3, Vim Text Editor, Git, Grunt
Bachelor's Degree in Systems and Informatics Engineering
Universidad Nacional de Colombia - Medellín, Colombia