Verified Expert in Engineering
Winicjusz started out as a Java developer but found that Python suited him better. He began with extending existing apps and then later built systems from scratch. Seven years later, Winicjusz is now a senior Python developer and team leader. Currently, the bulk of his work is on the back-end of web systems. His notable accomplishments include building the Home Arrest System and a threat intelligence system for large telecom operator in Poland.
VirtualBox, GitLab CI/CD, Vagrant, Git, Linux, PyCharm
The most amazing...
...thing I've done was to develop the Home Arrest System from scratch.
Senior Python Developer
- Built from scratch a type of cybersecurity software for one of the biggest telecom operators in Poland.
- Developed IP Tracker, a tool for connecting IP addresses with customers' identifications in real-time. It was written in Python on top of Redis, Elasticsearch, and PostgreSQL.
- Constructed a management interface called TM. It allows the management of IP Tracker, provisioning other services, and tracking customers.
- Led a small team of around three junior/mid developers and also reviewed their code.
- Created (with a team) a monitoring system using StatsD with InfluxDB and Grafana.
- Prepared the software architecture for all the applications.
- Prepared a Kibana plugin using React. This plugin supported authorization and retrieving data from PostgreSQL.
- Extended the existing Django app.
- Created new modules.
- Added new functionalities.
- Integrated Trello, SendGrid, Stripe, Nylas, and Here.com (geolocation).
Senior Django Developer
- Upgraded an old Django app to the newest Django version.
- Rebuilt database models structure to work better with new products.
- Upgraded a Boto library to the newest version.
- Added code for getting data from an external API.
- Upgraded the Celery version from 3 to 4.
Freelance Python Developer
- Constructed the back end for an Australian site where a user can check VIN numbers.
- Created the API for receiving search requests and verifying Stripe payments.
- Developed a client for connecting to a PPSR web service.
- Enabled email sending using SendinBlue.
- Ran asynchronous tasks using Azure Queue.
- Prepared scripts to run all processes as services.
- Fixed bugs for CoinAfrique.
- Constructed the server part of the Home Arrest System. It was a web service created in Python on top of a PostgreSQL database.
- Developed a mail archive for Microsoft Exchange mailboxes. The back-end part was written in Python on top of the PostgreSQL, the proxy was built in .NET, and the front-end was created using Bootstrap.
- Created a type of software in Lua for the hardware section of the home arrest system. This part was responsible for collecting events and keeping communication with a central server.
- Optimized the Django applications which improved the cache, loaded data to user sessions in the background, and optimized the data processing.
- Wrote Jython scripts for processing telecom data which enabled the processing data faster than using database joins.
- Implemented minor extensions/bugfixes for the site, Cencert.pl; concerning the front and back end.
- Extended a Thunderbird extension for encrypting/decrypting emails; used C++.
- Built a service bus which received data from our applications and passed it to Oracle Service Bus. It was written using Apache Synapse.
- Helped prepare the software architecture.
Django REST Framework ViewSets
This filter system enables you to easily apply filters using query parameters. For a basic demonstration, you can use "field_name=value" to filter exact matches. For more advanced scenarios, you can filter by related field values, value ranges, and other additional features.
Please note that I am unable to provide the unit tests as they contain cases specific to our production code.
IP Tracker is capable of receiving data from different data sources and enables searches in real time. It combines data from different data streams to provide full results. There are over 200,000 records per second in one data stream and about 2,000 records in the other one.
Technologies: Python, Redis, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL
Simple Captive Portalshttps://alert.cert.orange.pl/A/25cb7b0ea2314a5bb49a0f6bacb858a9/
Django REST Framework, Django, .NET, Alembic, Jinja, Twisted, Swagger
Elasticsearch, NoSQL, Redis, PostgreSQL, JSON, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Back-end Development, Mockups, Scalability, Code Review, Tornado, Concurrency, Web Services, Zeep, Python SOAP Client, StatsD, Cryptography
Requests, SQLAlchemy, Stripe, React
Vagrant, Celery, Git, Pytest, PyCharm, Mercurial, Kibana, SendGrid, SendinBlue, VirtualBox, Sentry, GitLab CI/CD, RabbitMQ, MQTT
Test-driven Development (TDD), Microservices, Unit Testing
Linux, Azure, Windows, CentOS, Debian
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Warsaw University - Warszaw, Poland
Elastic Certified Engineer
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring