Verified Expert in Engineering
Wissam is a talented full-stack software engineer focusing on DevOps and database technology with over half a decade of experience with Ericsson and other companies. He is an efficient developer and consultant, comfortable working solo or on a distributed team.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, Git, Linux
The most amazing...
...thing I've done was manage—single-handedly and for more than two years—an infrastructure that was handling over 15 million messages per months.
AllVoices Holding Co
- Maintained and upgraded the Kubernetes installation.
- Upgraded all legacy working environments to recent versions.
- Collaborated with other DevOps engineers to upgrade different parts of the Kubernetes infrastructure with Terraform.
- Programmed a GitHub Actions Slack-release notifier.
- Provisioned, maintained, and improved the entire infrastructure to handle millions of requests.
- Handled all staging and production deployments, including automating and ironing out bugs.
- Collaborated with the CTO and DBA for any decision-making regarding scaling the infrastructure horizontally and vertically.
- Increased the stability of the whole pipeline and set extra checking mechanisms at every point to reduce problems that reach production.
- Helped with migration towards a Dockerized infrastructure to use Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS).
Integrated Digital Solutions, Inc.
- Worked with AT&T to offer new services.
- Automated and provisioned new services with Terraform and Ansible.
- Collaborated with the entire team to make sure all requirements are met.
DevOps and Infrastructure Engineer
- Decoupled applications for cloud provisioning and deployment.
- Migrated from Chef and Ansible to a standardized Terraform, Ansible, and Docker approach.
- Monitored, alerted, and escalated the configurations and setup.
- Provided DevOps work for the city of Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Automated application deployments with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Contributed to the planning of a city-wide Kubernetes deployment.
- Created an IPAM with an international team for Ericsson.
- Provisioned IPS automatically from telecom nodes.
- Used Puppet for provisioning several types of servers.
- Created a Django and Django REST framework back end for multiple front ends.
- Programmed one of the front ends with Twitter Bootstrap.
Test Configuration Manager
- Managed developer-virtualized test nodes on HP blades with ESXi hypervisors.
- Virtualized CUDB telecom node installation, including configuration and alteration to fit a smaller concise installation.
- Improved and facilitated the jobs of testers by communicating non-stop and anticipating their needs.
- Automated installations and configurations of different services.
Build and System Administrator
- Maintained Amazon Cloud Service (EC2, S3 , Route 53 , ELB, and more).
- Maintained LDAP and mail servers and migrated the entire company to Gmail.
- Packaged and distributed Python, Java, and Flash stacks.
- Provided administration for MySQL, MongoDB, and Atlassian products.
- Overhauled the entire workflow process to make an easy transition from designers to developers, doing quality assurance and finally making it live.
- Oversaw the entire build (38 modules) written in Ant but migrated to Maven with our own Nexus repository and plugged it into a CI server (Bamboo).
- Handled mergers from the well-being of main branches to the maintenance of our Git and SVN repositories.
- Managed the entire QA environment and its multiple chains.
Happy at Work
Git, Terraform, Ansible, NGINX, Jira, Jenkins, Nagios, Crucible, VMware, Apache Maven, Apache Tomcat, Bamboo, Kibana, Logstash, Apache Ant, Splunk, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), MATLAB, FogBugz, AWS ELB, AWS CloudFormation, Shell, Puppet, Mesos, Packer, AWS CodeDeploy, Amazon ElastiCache, Slack, Amazon EKS, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR)
Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Proxmox, Unix, Nexus, KVM, Xen, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon EC2
Computer Science, Software Engineering, System Administration, Shell Scripting, CI/CD Pipelines, Linux Server Administration, Cloud Services, Gentoo, VMware ESXi, Ant, HAProxy, Travel, Pulumi, Machine Learning, IT Project Management, Amazon Route 53, Infrastructure Monitoring, Nomad, Consul, AWS DevOps, Amazon RDS, Identity & Access Management (IAM), Networks
OpenLDAP, Google Apps, Node.js, Vue
MongoDB, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Postgraduate Diploma in Bioinformatics
The University of Edinburgh - Edinburgh, Scotland
Master's Degree in Computer Science
American University of Science and Technology - Beirut, Lebanon
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Lebanese American University - Beirut, Lebanon
AWS Solution Architect Associate
Comprehensive Project Management