Freelance Designer and Developer2012 - PRESENTFreelance
- Invented cross-platform apps with thousands of users with Flutter and Serverless.
- Worked with Spider PR to design animated ads for household brands such as Typhoo Tea and Tyrell’s Crisps; enliven a host of WordPress sites with bespoke themes and plugins; and develop an end-to-end system for monitoring the national rollout of a startup broadband provider.
- Designed, developed, and maintained countless websites, many for e-commerce. Platforms include WordPress, React, and other modern web frameworks.
- Consulted as a designer and marketer for Evora Global, conducting UX and SEO site audits which helped grow their mailing list and reach the front page of Google.
Head of Web Development2015 - 2018Think Digitally
- Was promoted within two years from an intern to the Head of Web Development.
- Contributed designs and code (including a region-dependent blog, a digital health tracker built with React, and close to a hundred bespoke WordPress plugins/themes).
- Maintained relationships with customers and strategized for practically every project that crossed the company’s desk.
- Worked with PHP, WordPress, and eCommerce and became familiar with a host of libraries and APIs including Google Drive, SparkPost, PageSpeed, Facebook, and many more.
- Worked for clients including CBRE, Ogilvy, and countless small enterprises spanning sectors from the law to broadband to food.
Digital Marketing Consultant2015 - 2016Towergate Insurance
- Worked in a large, multidisciplinary team of specialists with skills ranging from development to pay-per-click advertising.
- Rapidly iterated on digital and print advert designs and webpage mockups using Photoshop.
- Developed a new approach to the company’s online forms—devising an intuitive user interface and custom validation logic to reduce abandonment.
- Wrote automation scripts for auditing and web scraping to greatly increase efficiency in keyword mining for the company's SEO team.