Senior Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTCarbon Lighthouse
Technologies: Python, Flask, Django, Gevent, TypeScript, React, AWS Lambda, AWS Batch, AWS Cloudformation AWS EMR, PostgreSQL
- Automated deployment of an AWS EMR HBase cluster.
- Added UI enhancements by building new UI components in React.
- Added new functionality to existing AWS Batch and Lambda jobs, and automated deployment of the Batch and Lambda code.
- Utilized the Gevent library to speed up simultaneous non-blocking IO calls, and increase the response times of some API endpoints.
- Participated in requirements gathering and the producing of design documentation.
Senior Software Engineer (Computational Biology)2017 - 2018Zymergen, Inc.
Technologies: Python, Django, Celery, AngularJS, MySQL, Neo4j, Java, AWS Lambda, AWS Batch, Docker
- Built and maintained software tools to facilitate DNA assembly and quality control.
- Worked on cross-functional infrastructure improvements targeting memory efficiency, maintainability, and confidentiality of DNA sequence data.
- Designed and built a logging system to help troubleshoot in-production software issues.
- Built and maintained parts of a distributed task system based on Celery.
- Built a system to explore metabolic networks using the Neo4j graph database together with publicly available data.
Computational Geometry Software Engineer and Toolpath Team Lead2016 - 2017Plethora
- Developed software to manipulate CAD model geometry in the Siemens Parasolid library.
- Worked on a Cython wrapper of the Parasolid library to allow Python code to call into Parasolid C functionality.
- Devised a Cython wrapper for the ModuleWorks C++ library, to allow ModuleWorks functionality to be called from Python.
- Maintained and debugged a distributed task management system that interfaced with Cloud infrastructure and physical CNC mills in a factory.
- Implemented geometric reasoning strategies for fixing milling defects in manufactured parts.
Software Engineer2015 - 2015Brightlink Technology, LLC.
- Created an analytics platform using Flask and PostgreSQL.
- Performed a step-by-step replacement of an existing UI, based on JQuery, with new UI components built using React.
- Built a load testing framework using Gevent, to test the analytics system under simulated real world load.
- Worked with a client remotely to build an API that the client could use to pull data out of the analytics system.
- Traveled to support the client on-site, for a real-world deployment of the software, and real-time troubleshooting of issues.
CTO2013 - 2014Campus Bubble, LLC.
- Ran the support of an existing web app based on Handlebars, NodeJS and MongoDB.
- Moved the deployment of the app from Heroku to AWS, and managed the deployment using Ansible.
- Architected a fresh redesign of the same web app using ReactJS on the front end, and Flask with PostgreSQL on the back end.
- Dealt with scalability issues by using HAProxy for load balancing and Redis for caching.
- Hired a distributed team of developers and oversaw growth of the customer base, while steadily adding features to the app.