Deep Learning Developer
Xavier is a lead ML engineer with extensive experience building and shipping deep-learning and traditional machine learning (ML) products. He has real-world experience developing and managing the entire ML stack, from data engineering to training, experimentation, and deployment of machine learning models. Xavier is a product and results-oriented professional with substantial expertise as an individual contributor and team leader.
ExperiencePython - 8 yearsMachine Learning - 8 yearsData Science - 7 yearsNatural Language Processing (NLP) - 6 yearsGPT - 6 yearsGenerative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT) - 6 yearsDeep Learning - 4 yearsTensorFlow - 4 years
Linux, PyTorch, Python, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is the only fully comprehensive chest X-ray decision-support tool on the market, currently in production use in hospitals worldwide.
Lead Applied AI Scientist
- Led the machine learning (ML) team that delivered a state-of-the-art, novel chest X-ray deep learning model to hospitals around the globe.
- Made core contributions along the entire machine learning stack from data labeling, pre-processing, migration, anonymization, training, experimentation, and deployment.
- Hired and trained team members and led projects from ideation to successful product delivery.
- Published clinical and ML research in top-tier medical journals such as Lancet Digital Health.
Senior Data Scientist
- Founded a team for a commercialized and productions machine learning API platform, initially as the sole machine learning expert on the team.
- Oversaw both machine learning stack—CV and NLP deep learning models, and traditional ML—and end-to-end productionization, including automated testing, API endpoint management, and efficiency.
- Helped grow and scale the team from 5-15 members and the product from zero to over two million paid requests per month; helped secure funding of several million dollars.
BCG Digital Ventures
- Developed and scaled machine learning startups for large commercial partners.
- Collaborated with the leadership team to coordinate hiring and growth of the machine learning team.
- Received the highest band in the annual performance review as one of only 5% of employees globally.
Annalise Enterprise CXRhttps://annalise.ai/solutions/annalise-cxr/
I helped develop our initial machine learning (ML) models and led our latest release's continued iteration and deployment. I iterated upon our ML strategy, ran and documented extensive experimentation using state-of-the-art and novel techniques, liaised with product and clinical leads, and deployed and tested our healthcare AI in production.
Sypht Document Extraction
Python, SQL, R
PyTorch, TensorFlow, Dask, SpaCy
Data Science, Scrum, Agile
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, Linux
Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing (NLP), OCR, Pytesseract, Image Recognition, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), DICOM, Statistics, Engineering, APIs
Master of Research with Distinction in Computer Science
Macquarie University - Sydney, NSW, Australia
Bachelor of Science (First Class Honors) Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science
University of Sydney - Sydney, NSW, Australia
Certified Scrum Master