Verified Expert in Engineering
Xin has been working as a full-stack web developer since 2014, but he fell in love with web development in his teens. Ever since his first encounter with web tech, he's had an overall positive experience with modern programming languages and frameworks. He also has a bachelor's degree in computer science from Nanyang Technological University. Xin is a polite professional with whom clients will enjoy working.
Slack, Trello, Jira, Git, Sublime Text, Ubuntu, MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was a locating app for travelers. Using Socket.IO, it updates the user's location in a real-time manner.
- Created reusable Vue.js components and integrated Vue.js linting in the codebase.
- Implemented new features and integrated Vuex for store management.
- Connected third-party APIs like Segment, Split, and so on.
Mind Research Networks (via Toptal)
- Built REST APIs using Django and Django REST framework.
- Developed a single-page application using React/Redux.
- Wrote unit and e2e tests on both frontend and backend.
- Used Django Channels for real-time communication through web socket.
- Created Docker containers using Docker Composer and deployed to a Ubuntu server.
Freelance Full-stack Developer
Andreyev (Adelaide) Pty Ltd (via Toptal)
- Completed and enhanced the application using various latest technologies.
- Updated PostgreSQL databases to improve the performance.
- Integrated Xero payments for managing transactions.
- Wrote test cases for payments and set up cron jobs using Celery Beat.
- Created reusable React components and implemented Webpack bundling.
Freelance Lead Software Engineer
Nexwriter Limited (via Toptal)
- Built a mobile responsive landing page for different platforms.
- Customized the interface using modern technologies.
- Configured the mail server and linked it to the website.
- Developed reusable and modularized components and constructed visualized live data aggregating charts.
Freelance Angular Developer
MintDice (via Toptal)
- Built HTML5 games based on cryptocurrencies using Pixi, Babylon, and Angular.
- Created reusable game architecture and developed real-time socket communication.
- Wrote solid unit tests and integrated continuous integration.
Senior Web Developer
- Built a highly scalable, easy-to-maintain back-end using Ruby on Rails and implemented hosting on a Nginx server.
- Promoted to the technical lead and managed a team of eleven members with agile methodology.
- Wrote tests for both the front- and back-end using RSpec and Mocha.
- Built RESTful APIs using the Django REST framework and PostgreSQL.
- Developed and customized Django's default authentication system using the Django REST framework JWT and extended ORM.
- Created reusable, modularized Django views using the REST framework.
- Built a single-page application (SPA) using React and Enzyme for testing.
Lead Web Developer
- Built RESTful APIs using Node.js and Express.js to perform CRUD actions on the front-end.
- Supported a real-time location-tracking service using Socket.IO.
- Designed a high-performant, scalable database structure.
- Added a unit test and e2e test using Mocha and set up CI/CD.
- Developed a single-page application (SPA) using React.
I worked on this project as a senior web developer and led a team of eleven. We built this website using Ruby on Rails and React. I also hosted PostgreSQL on a Nginx server, introduced the agile methodology for product management, and utilized UML to design the process and database structure. I also wrote perfect test cases for payment.
I began developing the front-end using the Create React app, which is provided by Facebook, and then later adopted Redux, Redux-saga, React Router, Axios, and more. This website was built using Python/Django and React. I also used the Django REST framework to create RESTful APIS and Django REST Framework JWT to implement token-based authentication.
I built a booking system and created a product listing and detail page to showcase what we're providing and what users can get from our services.
Bootstrap, Draft.js, Scrapy, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Angular, Redux, Django, Laravel, CodeIgniter, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Express.js, Vuetify, Selenium, Zend Framework, Jest, PixiJS, Next.js, Django REST Framework
Stripe API, Ramda, Lodash, React, Redux-Saga, React Redux Form, React Router, D3.js, REST APIs, Vue, jQuery, Immutable.js, Vuex, Beautiful Soup, Sidekiq, Moment.js, Google Maps API, Node.js, Stripe, Socket.IO, Babylon.js, Highcharts, RxJS, Context API
Celery, Apache, Asana, Git, GitLab, Jira, Trello, RSpec, Mongoose, CircleCI, Vagrant, Ansible, NGINX, Jenkins, Canvas, Mocha, Sublime Text, Slack, Graphene, Pytest
MVC Design, Agile Software Development, Kanban, Design-driven Development (D3)
Celery eCommerce, WordPress, Ubuntu, Joomla 3, Mapbox, Firebase, Amazon EC2, Linux, Docker, WooCommerce, Shopify, iOS, Joomla, OpenCart, MacOS, Contentful
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), JSON, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, NoSQL, Memcached, Elasticsearch, Redis
Web Development, CSV File Processing, Enzyme, Axios, Freelancing, Software Development, SOAP, Scraping, WordPress Themes, Chrome Extensions, OpenCart Modules, SMTP, Apollo, Computer Science, Imgix
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Information Systems
Nanyang Technological University - Singapore