Front-end Engineer2018 - PRESENTAmazon Web Services (AWS)
Technologies: TypeScript, Java
- Worked on console development and operations for EC2 management services.
- Handled on-call operations for microservices.
- Worked within an Agile framework including Scrumban with standups, sprints, and a Kanban board.
Freelance Mobile Engineer2017 - 2018Trusted Family (via Toptal)
Technologies: React Native, Redux-saga, React Navigation, Redux Form, Flow, Android
- Developed a social networking app (Android); learned the nuances of Android development with React Native.
- Implemented push notifications (OneSignal), two-factor authentication, media playback (video, audio), and media capturing (camera including video and photos).
- Handled the design work (UX/UI) using Google Material Framework.
Freelance Mobile Engineer2017 - 2017Traede (via Toptal)
Technologies: iOS, React Native, Flow, Immutable.js, Redux Offline, Redux
- Created an offline first application (chronological API call resilience).
- Used a component based on iOS CollectionView in order to have sticky columns and sticky headers due to the fact it was an iPad specific app.
AMO Editor2015 - 2017Mozilla
- Worked in a 100% remote experience.
- Focused on reviewing code before accepting it into the Mozilla marketplace of addons.mozilla.org (AMO).
- Reviewed minified/obfuscated submissions by requesting their human-readable version along with build script and instructions. The build tools were mostly Node.js based (Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, Broccoli).
- Had extensive communication with developers via email, regarding their submission and approval criteria.
- Helped volunteer reviewers from the open source community with coding questions.
Software Engineer2015 - 2015Tigo
Technologies: Angular 1.x, Cordova/PhoneGap, jQuery Mobile, PHP, PostgreSQL
- Used Cordovoa/PhoneGap to deploy PWA (progressive web app) as an actual mobile app.
- Ported a jQuery mobile web app to an Angular 1.x based app.
- Interacted with the back-end engineers utilizing PHP (Yii framework) and PostgreSQL.
- Communicated with the back-end and physical device via a REST API.
- Developed systems to process and visualize large amounts of data from photovoltaic arrays.
Full-stack Engineer2011 - 2015Open Source
- Developed cross browser extensions using native messaging with binaries created with C++ and Electron.
- Used REST/GraphQL infrastructures in progressive web apps (PWAs).
- Built a REST infrastructure with PHP and MySQL.
- Created and support multiple Firefox add-ons—two of which are award-winning.
- Provided support to the community via various online resources (i.e.: Stack Overflow).
- Made extensive pointers and gained platform API experience via FFI (js-ctypes, JNI.jsm, and some Node FFI).
Administrator (Tutorials, Documentation, and Programmer)2005 - 2008NeoCodex.us
- Maintained and created PHP, MySQL, and AJAX modules and hooks for the IPB Board forum software.
- Led—as one of three administrators—a staff of 12 to moderate a community of 5,000 members.
- Helped to create bots to crawl and catalog a database of items along with their selling prices (for a specific site dealing with a virtual world). Then helped create a desktop application to use that database to purchase and sell those items in the virtual world.