Senior Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTSwipecast, Inc.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, React Native, PostgreSQL
- Implemented features on the mobile app in React Native.
- Did a complete refactor of the web application. Turned it into an SPA with React.
- Created a few important features in the Ruby on Rails back-end.
- Did a migration (with my team) from CoffeeScript to ES6.
- Implemented Redux in the web app.
Director of Engineering and Screener2015 - 2017Toptal
Technologies: Web Browser, Evernote, Slack, Skype, Zoom
- Maintained constant communication with hundreds of clients in the day-to-day and kept in sync with the team.
- Matched Toptal clients with their perfect developer candidates.
- Maintained 1-1 relationships with sales and customer experience team members to handle issues as they arose.
PHP Engineer2015 - 2015Butchershop (via Toptal)
- Worked on building a Drupal module that integrates the app with an external service.
- Learned about Drupal internals.
- Wrote integration tests with SimpleTest.
- Learned about Drupal theming.
Software Developer2015 - 2015SocialEngine (via Toptal)
- Worked with Laravel on the back-end side.
- Worked with jQuery in the front-end side.
- Improved my front-end skills.
- Used Less, Git, Composer, and GitHub.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2015Huge INC
Technologies: PHP, Symfony
- Worked on a big Symfony codebase.
- Learned and worked with Solr.
- Worked with an awesome Agile team.
- Handled code reviews and gave feedback to my fellow developers.
- Maintained strong communication with the team to avoid work blockages.
Software Developer2014 - 2015Youdrone (via Toptal)
- Worked on improving a legacy codebase.
- Fixed bugs.
- Made PayPal integration improvements.
- Made usability improvements.
- Implemented security fixes.
Software Developer2014 - 2015CraftInc S.A.S
- Developed a full featured REST API used by an iOS client.
- Implemented code coverage of the REST API and back-end of the app.
- Learned about unit tests, mocking, stubs, and testing techniques in general.
- Implemented integration with the iOS app through Apple push notifications.
- Managed a MySQL database.
- Wrote Objective-C code maintaining a preexisting iOS app.
- Implemented improvements in the PHP/Laravel back-end, adding new features to the REST API.
Software Developer2013 - 2014SproutLoud Media Networks
Technologies: PHP, PostgreSQL, Zend Framework, Ext JS, Vim, Linux, PHPUnit
- Handled web development under Linux environments.
- Fixed bugs for SproutLoud's marketing application as part of an outstanding development team.
- Wrote unit tests for the existing code.
- Worked in an Agile team and learned about Scrum workflow.
- Learned Git extensively and read the full Pro Git book.
- Started using Vim as my primary editor.
- Developed part (with a team) of several important modules currently in use by the app.
Web Developer2012 - 2013Núcleo Software
Technologies: PHP, Yii, Zend Framework, REST APIs, CSS, Bootstrap, AWS, HTML, CentOS, jQuery, jQueryUI, KnockoutJS
- Engaged in web programming under LAMP. Managed Linux servers.
- Developed REST APIs, interchanging information between systems using a one-entry API system and connecting through REST clients.
- Developed using the Yii Framework and Twitter Bootstrap.
- Created back-end rich UIs using jQuery UI and clients connecting and parsing JSON from the API.
- Changed all the company's infrastructure from GoDaddy to AWS. Used EC-2, S3, ELB, Route 53, EBS, and other AWS services.
- Extended my Linux skills while working on mission critical software in the dedicated servers.
- Created an SPA with Knockout.js.
Web Developer2011 - 2012Starbox S.A.S
Technologies: PHP, Yii, CentOS, Linux, CSS, HTML, AJAX, jQuery
- Engaged in web programming under LAMP, Linux servers, and LAN Network Management.
- Created two websites (Pásala Disfrutando and Plan de Hoy) along with another developer.
- Worked on the Starbox website.
- Used Pásala Disfrutando's core to build dynamic websites as part of the Star Experiences project, for example Scare.
- Configured the structure of a dedicated server migrating from 1and1 to another provider (LAMP, SMTP, etc.).
- Worked extensively on Starbox's administration back-end.
Web Developer2010 - 2011Núcleo Software
Technologies: PHP, HTML, CSS, Ajax, jQuery
- Developed and optimized a service provided by the company (SaaS).
- Optimized the software and its cross-browser compatibility, as it was previously just compatible with Firefox.
- Developed some modules in PHP 5 and OOP.
- Added features to a proprietary PHP framework using PHP 5.
- Managed a MySQL database.