Site Reliability Engineer2019 - PRESENT
Technologies: C++, Java, Go, Python, Distributed Systems, Infrastructure, Fault Tolerance, Design for Failure, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Concurrent Programming
- Held the position of an SRE for Google Cloud Service Infrastructure.
- Managed a rollout infrastructure migration with zero downtime for a service that receives more than 40 million queries per second.
- Led an internal team of four people as a part of my role.
Software Engineer2017 - 2019Picus Security
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Hydra, Unix, Haskell
- Implemented a new license manager service that would help both DevOps and support for managing client licenses.
- Created a new attack module called scenario attacks that play between two node machines and performs, step by step, a series of vulnerability exploitations.
- Applied new messaging protocols for a multithreaded "engine" environment.
- Migrated a codebase from an old SQLite library to a new one by using Haskell's type safety.
- Co-created a Go library that has both client and server sides and can simulate a data exfiltration attack in the process of a scenario attack. Also integrated this Go library to our Haskell codebase and Nix architecture.
- Split our existing Jenkins end-to-end test suite into parts.
- Defined the dependencies in these separate parts and made it possible to have separate reports for each part of the end-to-end suite.
- Applied Nix's caching mechanism to optimize evaluation time for the suites.
- Created a token authentication mechanism solely for DevOps.
- Implemented a series of API endpoints for the DevOps team to help them automate their workflows.
Software Engineer2016 - 2017Paraşüt
Technologies: Docker, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Designed a new subscription flow using finite automata modeling.
- Developed a customer management system for the support team using Coffee.js. The application is modeled as a tree and could be expanded to see the details.
- Integrated new data analytics using Amazon SNS and SQS for messaging, Firehose for the data flow, and Redshift as the database platform.
- Implemented new features with Ruby on Rails, a service object with a TDD principle with +96% test coverage.
- Created new libraries using Plain Old Ruby Objects (PORO) and introduced new abstractions using Ruby's metaprogramming features.
Lead Developer2015 - 2016Evbana.com
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Laravel
- Maintained a Laravel back-end application, as well as the front-end.
- Created monitoring systems to constantly check up on the availability of our systems.
- Built various microservices including the ones for data integration and mail notifications.
- Discovered, with a team, a vulnerability and subsequently improved the security of the system by applying penetration testing for the continuous assessment of vulnerabilities.
- Created multiple services using service objects, including services for our Slack and MailChimp integrations.