Verified Expert in Engineering
Yiğitcan is experienced with both startup and corporate environments. He specializes in back-end technologies and designing and developing end-to-end systems from scratch. Yiğitcan's previous experiences include digital identities, verifiable credentials, setting up CI/CD pipelines, and transforming monolithic codebases into microservices.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Git, IntelliJ IDEA, MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I've developed required advocating a new approach to the writing of microservices in the company. This led to a more profitable work methodology.
Staff Software Engineer
- Took ownership of a project to consolidate all Affinidi API offerings under a single, user-friendly console for internal and external use. Led all architectural decisions for the console, including micro-frontend, authentication, and documentation.
- Refactored existing architecture to a Cloud Native AWS architecture with a security-first and cost-effective approach. Developed an API-first framework for services using OpenAP. Implemented OIDC and OAuth compliant multitenant supporting Auth.
Senior Software Engineer
- Refactored the existing Verifiable Credential storage service to a new design, significantly improving performance.
- Worked on the Safe Travel initiative facilitating a seamless travel experience while prioritizing data privacy and security.
- Developed an end-user edge digital identity wallet capable of storing, issuing, and sharing verifiable credentials.
- Contributed to the design and implementation of Async VC Issuance flows for organizational digital identities.
Senior Software Developer
- Helped, as a part of multiple cross-functional teams, move two products from idea to production. Products are actively used by thousands of marketplace sellers and touch consumer-facing applications with 20+ million customers.
- Developed Seller Ads, an advertisement management platform that lets sellers promote their products and stores inside and outside Trendyol storefronts.
- Developed Seller Store, a platform for marketplace sellers to create their store pages, showcasing their products, campaigns, and events that can be accessed on all Trendyol storefronts (Android, iOS, mobile web, and web) with a direct link.
- Created micro-frontend back-office panels to be used by sellers to interact with the platforms.
- Created an in-house tool called Gatek. The tool helped create on-demand test environments in Kubernetes for any kind of services for manual/automated tests.
- Evangalised continuous integration and continuous deployment principles inside the company. Consulted and mentored other teams and tribes on how to design performant CI pipelines, Kubernetes GitOps, and blue/green deployment.
- Developed a content-based recommendation pipeline. Relevant and in-stock contents are recommended, according to the basket contents of the user.
- Built REST APIs and data pipelines that fed those APIs databases, scaling up to hundreds of thousands of requests per minute.
- Developed screens for back-office portals and administration and configuration of the microservices.
- Maintained and developed features for the back-end services of the company with Agile methodologies. Deployed them to AWS using AWS Lambda/Amazon ECS.
- Participated in the transition from a monolithic architecture to a microservice-oriented architecture.
- Influenced the coding standard of the newly developed services by creating template projects used in dozens of microservices in production. Used layered architecture, DI, unit and integration testing, and clean code principles.
- Designed, implemented, and documented features as microservices that got used by the monolithic back end and other services. Managed and guided junior developers in the process.
- Created a test environment with Helm and Kubernetes to bootstrap the entire production environment for end-to-end tests.
- Optimized the time series database usage of the company.
- Developed a tool for doing ETL with mentoring from a senior developer.
- Researched KairosDB and its binary formats for reading and writing time-series data directly to and from Cassandra.
- Created sample projects over the Google Cloud Dataproc to analyze time-series data.
- Ran hot, backup, and restore scenarios for the Cassandra database.
- Installed and configured a bare-metal Kubernetes cluster.
- Developed the continuous integration and deployment pipeline using GitLab, Jenkins, and Kubernetes.
- Centralized logging using Elasticsearch, Filebeat, Logstash, Kibana, Redis, Curator, and custom services.
- Created scripts and microservices using Node.js technologies to be used by core products and to aggregate information for the ELK cluster.
- Collaborated with Google service accounts to retrieve and persist data (polling and webhooks) across Google services.
ETL Tool for Timeseries Databasehttps://yengas.github.io/kairosdb-inner-workings/
Test Environment for Microservices
Infinite Scaling Game Serverhttps://github.com/hatchapp
Family Tree Parserhttps://github.com/soyagaci
Stockfish Chess Engine Back-end Serverhttps://github.com/Yengas/stockfish-cluster-example
OpenAI GPT-based Serverless Slack Bothttps://github.com/WiseGPT/slack-bot
NestJS, Play 2, Spring Boot, Play, Spark, Redux, React Native, Fastify, Spring
Node.js, Socket.IO, TensorFlow, Akka Streams, RxJS, React, REST APIs
Web Architecture, Serverless Architecture, Testing, Microservices Architecture, Functional Reactive Programming, Functional Programming, Event-driven Architecture
Web, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Lambda, MacOS, New Relic, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Android, Apache Kafka
Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, KairosDB, Neo4j, Firebird, Couchbase, Amazon DynamoDB, PostgreSQL
Freelancing, Monitoring, Lambda Functions, Domain-driven Design (DDD), WebSockets, Axios, AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK), OpenID Connect (OIDC), Argo CD, Full-stack Development, Algorithms, Data Structures, OpenAI GPT-3 API, Amazon EventBridge
Sentry, IntelliJ IDEA, Jira, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Git, GitLab, Jenkins, ELK (Elastic Stack), Google Compute Engine (GCE), RabbitMQ, Kafka Streams, GitLab CI/CD, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Trakya University - Edirne, Turkey