Verified Expert in Engineering
Yoni fell in love with programming at the age of 11, and now he doesn't know how to stop. He started his professional career with C++ and has since transitioned his focus to more user-facing software. For the past decade, he was hands-on with all parts of the stack at high-profile startups. He's currently looking to help create exceptional iOS/macOS apps, with experience shipping sophisticated iOS apps since before the App Store existed.
The most amazing...
...feature I've shipped was video-chat on an iOS app; it was the world's first (long before FaceTime) and posed quite a challenge at the time.
Prycto (Crypto Market Making)
- Helped build and integrate market-making systems for decentralized crypto exchanges.
- Audited Ethereum smart-contracts for security flaws.
Core Team Member, Software Architect
Nexar (AI cloud-connected dashcam app)
- Developed Vision/ML-based algorithms running in real time on modern phones (car collision warning, AI-aided-navigation, etc.).
- Rewrote the video-recording mechanism of the iOS app, a core and sensitive component as it’s crucial to never miss a car accident.
- Initiated and implemented an internal system to run, review, and score algorithms’ performance over time (web-based, Django).
- Helped the Android team solve a difficult networking issue involving different Android phone models behavior in communicating with dashcam hardware.
Early employee, Tech Lead
BillGuard (Fintech, Acquired by Prosper Inc.)
- Came up with and collected back-end tasks from the team and prioritized them.
- Highly involved in the company’s back-end implementation and architecture (Java Spring, MySQL, MongoDB [oops], Lucene, and AWS no-single-point-of-failure).
- Highly involved in iOS app development (featured on the App Store many times) and Android app development.
- Led the project to integrate user systems upon acquisition by Propser Inc.
iOS Developer, Back-end Developer
Fring (Voip/Chat/Video Mobile App)
- Replaced the sole iOS developer; was in charge of development/maintenance of a VoIP/Chat iOS app with millions of users.
- Contributed to migrating an app from iOS 1.0 (targeting jailbroken phones) to 2.0.
- Rewrote VoIP iOS implementation (using AudioUnit), reducing latency from 1s to <200ms.
- Implemented the world’s first video-call capability on an iPhone!
- Designed a network protocol for multiparty video-calls, implemented the iOS client as well as the video server (C++, boost asio).
Israeli Military Intelligence
- Worked on large scale projects in the Windows environment involving low-level networking and OS internals.
Mandalica - an iPad Mandala Maker
Git, JetBrains, Sketch
DevOps, Clean Code, Functional Programming, Test-driven Development (TDD)
iOS, MacOS, Linux, Ethereum
Freelancing, Embedded Software, Cryptocurrency, Software Architecture, Windows Internals, Machine Learning
PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB