React Front-end Developer2021 - PRESENTSynthesis AI (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, Redux, Puppeteer, Mocha, Jest, TypeScript, CircleCI, Stripe, Material-UI
- Started building features and fixing bugs in an existing codebase from the first day after knowledge transfer.
- Created a library that abstracts away the complexities of end-to-end tests and started integrating end-to-end tests into the project.
- Developed new React hooks to reduce the amount of duplicated code in the codebase.
Back-end Developer2021 - 2021Multiplayer Games Platform (via Toptal)
- Developed a back-end service for multiplayer games with video calling capability between players.
- Reconfigured the Socket.IO connection so that the server still recognizes registered clients, even after a server crash.
- Integrated a Cloud Firestore database with an existing codebase.
- Refactored an existing codebase for a multiplayer gaming platform and decoupled and modularized the code.
Front-end Developer2020 - 2021Motorola Mobility
- Scraped production-level websites to replicate them locally and performed updates on them.
- Implemented CSS changes on the fly, using the browser only where code was not convenient for use.
- Adapted styles to a variety of screen sizes and different browser environments.
Software Engineer2019 - 2020Speechmorphing
- Developed microservices for an Arabic text-to-speech system based on Tacotron neural network architecture.
- Used Google Cloud Storage to store machine learning models and another GPU server in GCP for training.
- Developed a controller service that is deployed in Heroku. It turns on and off the GPU server to save money, communicates with the diacritizer, and interfaces with the front-end app.
- Dockerized the machine learning model training and speech synthesis workflow so that it can work in almost any environment.
Full-stack Developer2019 - 2019Howard Dean Williamson (via Toptal)
- Developed a crawler that sends log messages in semi real time to the front end using Socket.IO. The crawler has options for filtering URLs and for maximum crawl depth.
- Crawled websites saved as a zipped archive in an S3 bucket; links to those files are kept in a MongoDB database.
- Used Angular on the front end to build the admin panel for monitoring crawls.
Full-stack Developer2019 - 2019SynergITx (via Toptal)
- Developed an admin panel that managed cars for auctions. The admin panel included a sophisticated image uploader/sorter and chips.
- Migrated from an old Python Flask API service to a Node.js service.
- Migrated third-party data to the system's MongoDB database.
Software Engineer2019 - 2019Production Tool and Die (via Toptal)
- Built an admin panel with sophisticated client-side state management that enabled a manufacturing company's admins to create and monitor jobs and parts manufactured along with an employee management system.
- Developed a Node.js API service and handled its deployment as well as the deployment of a MongoDB database.
- Showcased my UI components with Storybook and built unit tests to test logic in both the front end and back end.
- Used the Hygen code generator to quickly generate UI components and routes.
Technical Team Lead2017 - 2019ThoughtDesign
- Built a Node.js application that demonstrates an architecture for building Node.js back-end services using the command-query responsibility separation principle and event sourcing.
- Conducted code reviews for projects built in Angular.
- Added features and fixed bugs for a web portal used for administrating managed cloud hosting on Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Received recognition as the best team by a client who had previously dealt with failing technical teams.
- Built new features and maintained an enterprise project while practicing Scrum with other developers.
- Migrated AngularJS components to Angular for a web portal and added unit tests.
- Assessed and interviewed senior and junior developers in the hiring process.
Senior Developer2017 - 2017ThoughtDesign
- Designed and developed a platform concerned with online buying, selling, and bidding services.
- Developed and maintained an enterprise solution for which I built Angular components.
- Migrated and optimized the build and bundling process for an enterprise solution that consisted of three Angular apps.
Full-stack Developer2016 - 201734ML Logo + Slogan
- Architected and developed the back end and the admin panel for a platform that featured quizzes for employees in Merck, the multinational pharmaceutical company.
- Developed an admin panel that featured real-time notifications and different authorization access layers for a reservation system.
- Wrote sophisticated MongoDB queries for improved query speed.
Front-end Developer2016 - 201634ML Logo + Slogan
- Maintained and fixed bugs for an admin panel that lets users manage their laundry and dry-cleaning account.
- Developed a fully functional and responsive admin panel using AngularJS.
- Learned a variety of technologies in a minimal period of time.