Full Stack Developer/Software Engineer/Consultant2017 - PRESENTFreelance
- Developed a SAAS product for civil engineers from scratch using Express.js self-hosted back end was a high-performance WebGL drawing tool that can manage thousands of intricate interactive objects - fast *novel* algorithms to model physical systems.
- Provided software development services and consulting on demand for firms in Sydney including custom web services, REST API integration, data collection, and data integration.
- Contributed to academic research projects and exploratory work on cutting edge computer science developments.
- Developed office add-ins to help with data integration and custom tasks.
Software Engineer2016 - 2017Awake Networks
Technologies: Haskell, Apache Samza, Apache Kafka, Scala, Java
- Worked on the data analytics layer of a cutting edge security product.
- Identified difficult bugs by tracking the flow of data through the entire stack, analyzing code in multiple languages and systems.
- Worked on features and refactoring in JIRA with an organized and highly skilled team.
Software Engineering Intern2015 - 2015
Technologies: CSS, HTML, Android, Java
- Drastically improved the runtime of a heavy test pipeline, by linking an existing headless tool to replace a headed process.
- Made tooling to graph the effects of hyper-params and constants in a mature algorithm with easy to use Java decorators and custom HTML output.
- Created an automated process that deduced optimal values for constants to get the best performance in the algorithm, after completing the former tasks well ahead of schedule.
Software Engineering Intern2014 - 2015Microsoft
Technologies: Hardware, Kernel, Assembly, C++, C
- Developed an inbox driver for a GPIO controller with a given spec.
- Created a robotic device to demonstrate IO performance for the GPIO controller.
- Identified performance bottlenecks in the existing IOCTL stack in Windows at the time.