Senior Java and Cloud Consultant2018 - 2020Morgan Stanley
- Designed and implemented Java applications with high scalability and robustness, which can stream massive amounts of data from AWS to Morgan Stanley on-premise infrastructure.
- Analyzed end user’s requirements and proposed solutions with proper Java and AWS solutions.
- Created serverless functions (AWS Lambda) with Python for various purposes including calculating spot instance interruption rate, streaming data through S3, Kinesis, SQS, EC2, VPC, and more.
Analyst Programmer2015 - 2018CGI
- Wrote thousands of lines of Java 8 and SQL for the purposes of development, verification, and testing.
- Converted single-thread Java programs into multi-thread Java programs with ParallelStream, ForkJoinPool, ForkJoinTask, Semaphore, BlockingQueue, Synchronization and more.
- Applied various design patterns—observer/listener, strategy, factory—for code decoupling along with dependency inversion.
- Upgraded database structures in SQL Server to make it more flexible for adopting new requirements.
- Reverse-engineered SQL code in hundreds of stored procedures to extract the existing logic and share it with the team.
- Acted as an SQL subject-matter expert (SME) in the project and provided database solutions and helped team members solve technical problems.
Developer | Team Leader | Business Analyst2010 - 2014IBM
- Analyzed business requirements from the IBM sales department and then proposed technical solutions.
- Analyzed the logic in IBM’s existing DB2 data sources and then designed data marts based on existing data warehouses.
Developer | Project Coordinator2007 - 2008HumanWare Systems
- Communicated with developers in China to help them understand the requirements received from Japanese clients.
- Tested various modules of the project for quality assurance.