Senior Full-stack Engineer2021 - PRESENTPaypa Plane
- Designed a new OOP architecture for the company’s Node.js services in TypeScript, resulting in a dramatic decrease in runtime errors.
- Created a new system for routing messages between different microservices, using an event bus and gRPC. This increased the system’s resilience significantly.
- Designed and implemented an integration with various third-party providers and Australia’s financial regulator to bring customers new banking features consistent with ISO standards. This system is now used by some of Australia’s largest banks.
- Broke down an existing monolith back end into event-driven microservices, utilizing CQRS and protobuf (gRPC) for communication.
Senior Full-stack Engineer2018 - 2021Timetabling Solutions
- Built a new application from the ground up that greatly improved the way clients view their school’s timetable. This app is now sold as part of the company’s product suite and generates a strong revenue stream.
- Designed an algorithm to automate and optimize our client's staffing requirements. This was an evolutionary algorithm that quickly produced results similar or better than a human operator within seconds.
- Modernized the front-end workflow by implementing TypeScript, ES6 features, and dependency management through webpack and Yarn.
- Managed the project with a team of three other developers to fix bugs and improve code quality.
- Led a server-side scale-down project to reduce costs in light of decreased company revenue during COVID-19. This project involved extensive application refactoring and delivered an almost 75% reduction in Azure fees, with almost no client impact.
- Homogenized the company's product suite through a shared front-end platform, utilizing dependency injection for core logic. This delivered a much better user experience to our clients, as each application worked consistently.
Networks and Security Engineer2016 - 2018Telstra
Technologies: Linux, Bash, Networking, IP Routing, Penetration Testing, Servers, Network Security, Windows PowerShell, Node.js, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Cisco IOS, Cisco Meraki
- Played a key role in managing the deployment of ADSL to all traffic lights in the ACT.
- Acted as a networks and security engineer on a first-response team for a multinational company affected by a ransomware attack. Developed a recovery plan and implemented preventative measures.
- Developed internal productivity tools in Node.js to automate report generation that was previously compiled by hand.
- Designed, implemented, and sometimes installed secure networks for Telstra's business customers, primarily using Cisco and Cisco Meraki technologies.
- Contributed to the rollout of secure internet for a multi-million dollar government contract.
Developer2015 - 2016Freelance
- Developed an ERM web application for a fabrication company that automatically provides its clients with accurate quotations and manages internal fulfillment of orders.
- Built automation tools in VBScript for a real-estate company that improved their data management workflow.
- Created a web scraper that gathers valuable data for a social media company.
- Developed a site for a university research team that allows them to interactively display the results of their research and easily compare it to the findings of others.