Senior Data Scientist2021 - PRESENTRecidiviz
Technologies: Google BigQuery, BigQuery, Google Cloud, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), SQL, Python, Causal Inference, Jupyter, Cloud Infrastructure, Looker, Data Science
- Led a team of data scientists and analysts to conduct analysis and develop new data pipelines, saving the partner organization around $5 million per year.
- Served as the primary point person for Looker infrastructure development, allowing analysts to build fast and reliable business intelligence dashboards.
- Analyzed multiple natural experiments to determine the causal effects of policies and programs by partner organizations and the company.
Researcher2016 - 2021University of California - San Diego
Technologies: Causal Inference, Big Data, Python, Jupyter, STATA, Experimental Design, Experimental Research, Economics, Economic Analysis, Surveys, Data Science
- Served as the research lead on multiple projects, where I designed, implemented, and analyzed field experiments to provide evidence of program effectiveness for several education technologies.
- Worked with the world's largest grocery store purchase dataset to determine the relationship between price changes and consumer behavior.
- Analyzed a leading consumer panel dataset to examine how large income shocks affect consumer decision-making.
Data Science Intern2019 - 2019Quora
Technologies: Python, Redshift, Spark, Jupyter, Causal Inference, A/B Testing, Clustering, Machine Learning, Predictive Modeling, Marketplace Design, Data Science
- Demonstrated changes to the A/B testing suite to conduct experiments using much smaller samples and to require less time to detect effects.
- Improved the design of the advertisement auctions by applying economic theory and testing the design using live data.
- Built features and adjusted the existing machine learning architecture to improve advertisement click through rate predictions.