Verified Expert in Engineering
C++ and Python Developer
Zhanlin has been a developer since 2012, specializing in C++ and Python. He has also designed programming languages and developed compilers. In addition to freelancing, he interned at Microsoft Research Asia and worked for a company on the ASX 100 List. Zhanlin is a programming polyglot who learns new business domains and technologies quickly and easily in order to develop and deliver exceptional work.
Linux, C++, Python
The most amazing...
...thing I've created was Graph Assembly, a programming language I developed at Microsoft Research Asia.
- Involved in the development of a PoC for an AI powered query optimization.
- Developed tools for static analysis for C++ codebase to identify coupling on different levels.
- Created a PoC for stream processing as a part of MongoDB.
- Developed EDSL for MongoDB aggregation pipeline in Python.
Carousell PTE LTD
- Rewritten API calls to MongoDB in MongoDB aggregation for an NFT marketplace project.
- Implemented and updated web endpoints in Flask for corresponding operations.
- Refactored database operation layer from MongoDB into PostgreSQL for better relational query performance.
Python Back-end Developer
- Implemented webpage automation via Python and Selenium for a software evaluation startup.
- Applied API for automatically managing support desk forms.
- Implemented Python APIs for the corresponding operations.
- Fine-tuned Go runtime performance by reducing GC times.
- Implemented an Ethereum event listener and message dispatcher.
- Deployed the back-end server of an NFT (cryptocurrency) exchange platform.
- Implemented a transaction log observation service using Flask and PureScript.
- Deployed and maintained Python services running on AWS.
CSIRO | Data61
- Initiated the LLVM back end of the purely functional system programming language, Cogent.
- Wrote an LLVM IR generator in Haskell, which generates an LLVM IR from Cogent AST.
- Implemented interoperability between Cogent and C through an LLVM IR and LLVM Linker.
- Designed and implemented a configurable pipeline for an internal content service in Python.
- Led the development of a legal text processing platform.
- Performance-tuned data science projects using C++.
- Implemented and deployed data science microservices for internal use.
Microsoft Research Asia
- Designed a lower-level programming language called Graph Assembly.
- Executed the specification interpreter of Graph Assembly.
- Implemented the prototype compiler of Graph Assembly.
- Developed a mobile game, using Cocos2d and C++ on iOS.
MongoDB Atlas Stream Processinghttps://www.mongodb.com/products/platform/atlas-stream-processing
Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Blockchain
Back-end, HTTP, Python Dataclasses, Compilers, LLVM, APIs, Mathematics, Algorithms, Blogs, Documentation, Static Analysis, API Integration, Data Modeling, Web Scraping, Real-time Data, Full-stack Development, UI Automation, Web Crawlers, Serverless, Streaming
REST APIs, Python API
Compiler Design, Microservices
NoSQL, MongoDB, Databases, PostgreSQL