Python Developer in Gothenburg, Sweden
Developer2017 - PRESENTMinna Technologies
Technologies: Scala, Akka HTTP, Akka Stream, Kubernetes
- Built a back-end system to identify subscriptions from financial data.
- Helped the team to scale up services using Kubernetes and other technologies.
Senior Developer2015 - 2017Jetshop AB
Technologies: Python, Django, AWS, Docker
- Built a pipeline to fetch production data as well as transform and send information to different advertising and market platforms.
- Built a CI/CD system and improved the release speed 10x.
- Adapted Docker in the production environment and redesigned the application to enable autoscale in production.
Founder2014 - 2015OfferQA
Technologies: Python (Django), PostgreSQL, Twitter Bootstrap, jQuery, Jinja 2, Memcached, Celery, SaltStack, Vagrant, DigitalOcean, New Relic
- Improved and customized the existing Q&A system Askbot.
- Deployed and maintained web services using Vagrant, SaltStack, and DigitalOcean.
- Handled front-end development using Twitter Bootstrap and jQuery.
- Handled user development using MailChimp, a custom landing page, and Google Analytics.
Web Developer2014 - 2015Ericsson
Technologies: Python, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Redis, PHP, Drupal, jQuery
- Worked on job queue systems using Python and RabbitMQ for distributed functional and system testing.
- Implemented and improved a RESTful API in Python and Drupal.
- Implemented service analysis and monitoring tools using Python.
- Performed front-end development with jQuery and Drupal.
- Implemented an inventory system using Meteor.
Consultant2012 - 2015HiQ AB
- Developed embedded system tests using C, C#, and Python.
- Performed web service back-end development using Django REST Framework.
- Handled continuous integration system development using Python/Jenkins.
- Developed test automation systems using Python and the Robot Framework.
Test Developer2012 - 2014ESAB AB
- Performed UI development on an embedded device using Rhapsody C++.
- Implemented functional tests on embedded system via C#, Python, and CAN bus.
- Developed a continuous integration system using Jenkins, the Robot Framework, and Python.
Co-founder, Back-end Developer2012 - 2014metoo LLC
Technologies: Python, Django, SaltStack, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Created a RESTful API for metoo's social networking app on both iOS and Android.
- Implemented an activity feed using Python and MongoDB.
- Took advantage of TDD, DevOps, and Kanban, and released the first few versions with limited resources.
- Handled user development using Localytics, Urban Airship and MailChimp.
- Coordinated with developers in Serbia for mobile application development.
Consultant2011 - 2012DFind
Technologies: TTCN, Python, C
- Implemented functional test development and assignment at Ericsson using TTCN.
Test Developer2011 - 2012Ericsson
Technologies: Python, TTCN
- Implemented functional tests for the Ericsson LTE (4G) gateway system using TTCN.
- Analyzed test results using Wireshark and other tools.
- Helped the team to adopt to Scrum methodology as the Scrum Master.
Test Developer2008 - 2011Lavasoft
- Implemented a continuous integration system with a distributed test system using Buildbot, Python, and VMware.
- Implemented functional and UI automatic tests for Ad-Aware.
- Developed an installer using WiX.
- Developed a test management system using Python and Web2Py.
Software Engineer2005 - 2006Transco.cn
Technologies: C++, SilkTest
- Improved an automatic legacy test for Autodesk products (Inventor Pro).
- Helped build a wiki website (http://www.oklocalization.org).
- Created manual GUI and functional tests on Sitescope Cisco Works Monitor.
- Performed unicode and localization tests for Autodesk products.
- Back-end RESTful API Service for Metoo (Development)
This service, for a social network app, was implemented mainly using Django and the Django REST framework. The tech stack includes Nginx, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis. All the services are managed by Fabric and SaltStack on DigitalOcean.
- OfferQA (Development)
A social Q&A website—sort of a StackOverflow for Chinese expats—OfferQA is one of my startup projects. Technologies used are Python, Django, Askbot, Memcached, PostgreSQL, jQuery, SaltStack, and Vagrant.
- Hyperdrive - Product Feed Management (Development)http://jetshop.se/e-handel/digital-marknadsforing/
Hyperdrive is a sub-production for eCommerce solution company Jetshop AB. It manages and delivers your product feed to different channels like Google Product Search, Amazon, and Bing Product Search.
FrameworksDjango REST Framework, Django, AngularJS
ParadigmsScrum, Test-driven Development (TDD), Kanban, DevOps
PlatformsLinux, Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
StorageSQLite, Memcached, MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Master's degree in Systems Biology and Bioinformatics2006 - 2008Gothenburg University - Gothenburg, Sweden
- Bachelor of Science degree in Materials Chemistry2001 - 2005Jinan University - Shandong, China