iOS Engineer2018 - PRESENTDubsmash
Technologies: RxCocoa, RxSwift, Swift, iOS
- Developed major new features for a large-scale social media app that has over 1 billion monthly video views.
- Led the team on implementing several major architecture design patterns to make the code base more maintainable, testable, and scalable.
- Collaborated with the product team releasing a new version every two weeks since the start date.
iOS Developer2016 - 2018Brierwood Design Co-operative
Technologies: Swift, Objective-C, iOS
- Built a continuous integration system using Fastlane, Jenkins, Bash, and Ruby, for an enterprise-grade iOS app that has several "white label" flavors, some of which uses clients' own signing credentials.
- Converted approximately 30% of a 20,000-line Objective-C code base to Swift 3, and greatly improved the code quality along the way.
- Implemented the tags view and map view of an enterprise iOS app. These two features became the "killer feature" of two major releases.
- Led the effort of formally establishing the team's Swift coding standard and style guidelines.
- Designed, implemented, and released an iOS app as a one-person team, greatly reduced the stress of a very understaffed firm.
- Started and led the company's "Lunch and Learn" program, a weekly session for the team to learn the latest in Swift and iOS development.
- Worked on a tvOS app using RxSwift and RxCocoa, and organized 2 training sessions on Rx and functional programming.
Software Developer2016 - 2016Wind River Systems
- Developed a Python application for internal OS testing that connects to hundreds of targets, and executes tests on them.
- Implemented the conditional execution part of a domain-specific programming language using Python. It was the killer feature of a very successful major release.
- Implemented the GOTO keyword of a domain specific programming language.