Verified Expert in Engineering
Docker, Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Linux, MacOS
The most amazing...
...challenge I had is to architect an event-driven microservices platform for a gaming company and lead a diverse team to implement it to high standards
Node.js and React Developer
The Think Tank Education LLC
- Planned, architected, and developed an educational app where students can solve math quizzes and see a detailed report of their progress during the year. It allows their teachers and school admins to see aggregated and individual statistics.
- Coordinated with the client to determine and fine-tune the requirements for a great user experience.
- Architected a full-stack web application from scratch, balancing the ability of rapid prototype development and future scalability.
- Coordinated the production launch of the application, measured various performance metrics, ran customized benchmarks to estimate the solution's scalability, and then continuously improved the app to allow smooth calculation of millions of results.
- Created a data pipeline for continuously calculating dozens of aggregated analytics based on individual student results to provide excellent visibility for teachers, school administrators, and internal monitoring.
- Designed the app's UI in line with the requirements of the clients and different kinds of users. Created reusable front-end components to achieve the desired goals and make a great user experience.
- Integrated LaTeX presentational component to display math quiz problems and answers to accurately and beautifully present scientific and math formulas.
Back-end Team Lead & Architect
- Led a continuously growing back-end development team of a real money gaming company.
- Crafted the microservices architecture of a multi-game single platform back end that serves millions of players.
- Designed and created a vastly scalable event bus built on top of AWS SQS, which had AMQP and Kafka-like capabilities with a more straightforward interface and lower maintenance needs.
- Translated the continuously changing business requirements into actionable development stories.
- Developed a scheduler-based real-time gaming engine suitable for card games and board games using Socket.IO.
- Coordinated the integration with the mobile app by discussing and specifying the internal REST APIs and Socket.IO interface.
Senior Front-end Developer
- Took over the front-end development of an event ticketing system for university events.
- Refactored parts of the business logic to match the back end closely and eliminate bugs.
- Improved the integration with Stripe Payment Elements and an internal ticket escrow system.
- Enhanced the themed UI to be consistent with the design.
- Made changes to the design of the UI components to improve readability and achieve a sleek and modern user interface.
Senior Full-stack Developer
Fly & Fetch
- Contributed to the rewrite of the Svelte-based front end.
- Implemented new features across the full stack.
- Stabilized the platform by rewriting error-prone parts of the codebase and adding an automated end-to-end testing suite using Playwright.
- Fixed security vulnerabilities to ensure the platform's integrity and data safety.
- Improved the developer experience and efficiency in the team by switching to better tooling and services.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Reimplemented an internal document store and a search platform from scratch as a sole developer.
- Architected and built a Node.js back end using Elasticsearch as a central document metadata storage and search engine.
- Created a React-based front end that provided an instant search functionality to the users.
- Implemented complex filtering, verification, and exporting capabilities.
- Maintained various other legacy applications.
Senior Front-end Engineer
- Developed a powerful event marketing analytics platform as part of a small team.
- Focused primarily on implementing new features on the front end, such as advanced filtering, visualization components, and user management.
- Extended the internal API back end to provide the necessary data efficiently from the Elasticsearch data warehouse and MySQL.
- Implemented React components using D3.js to visualize data on the analytics dashboard.
- Created and improved reusable visualization components using Storybook.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Led the building of a Kanban-like applicant tracking system using TypeScript, React, MobX, and Firebase.
- Rebuilt the legacy web app for job seekers using TypeScript, React, MobX, and Video.js. Applicants could record videos using the app.
- Contributed to the core rewrite to handle different user journeys well using the state machine approach.
- Developed a scheduled digester that processes third-party data to an in-house database.
- Extended the REST API of the game.
- Refactored legacy codes into maintainable software.
- Developed new functionalities for the existing back end.
- Integrated PayPal payment solutions.
Lead Developer and Co-founder
- Prototyped the MVP rapidly using Meteor.
- Architected the final product with the help of a senior adviser.
- Developed microservices for a social network.
- Planned and implemented RabbitMQ-based communication between microservices.
- Created a custom algorithm to determine a neighborhood of users.
- Set up a scalable infrastructure for the growing social network.
- Led a small team of talented developers.
MongoDB Promisified Connectorhttps://github.com/Miutcank/mongodb-promisified-connector/
Calorie Counter App
The app provides an interface to enter and track your calories and edit and delete your data. It also contains two different administrative roles to manage the data of all users.
Express.js, Koa, Redux, Flutter, Tailwind CSS, Hapi.js, Angular, FeathersJS, Svelte, AngularJS, NestJS, Next.js, Jest, Realtime
React, Node.js, MobX, REST APIs, D3.js, Lodash, Moment.js, Restify, AMQP, Stripe, Socket.IO, Chart.js, Google API, PayPal API, Facebook API, Stripe API, Sockets, Fabric, OpenAPI
GitHub, Gulp, Jira, Bamboo, Git, RabbitMQ, Kue, CircleCI, Babel, Docker Swarm, AWS IAM, MongoDB Atlas, Canvas, Canvas 2D, Figma, LaTeX, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon Cognito, Webpack
Promise, REST, Agile Software Development, Microservices, Unit Testing, Concurrent Programming, E2E Testing, Serverless Architecture, Functional Reactive Programming, Scrum
Linux, Docker, Heroku, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, Firebase, MacOS, Azure
MongoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, NoSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL
APIs, Full-stack, Web Development, Full-stack Development, Responsive UI, Front-end, Back-end, API Integration, Scalability, Caching, Cloud, Architecture, Amazon RDS, Dashboards, Data Analytics, Optimization, Data Visualization, Serverless, Lambda Functions, Chrome Extensions, Web Components, Amazon API Gateway, Gaming, Scaling, Storybook, Front-end Development, Front-end Design, Design, Software Architecture, Software Engineering, Message Bus, Message Queues, AsyncAPI, Team Management, Team Mentoring, Technical Hiring, Cross-functional Collaboration, Playwright, Bluebird, Amazon Cognito User Pools, Okta, Technical Leadership
Professional Degree in Software Designer Mathematics
Eötvös Loránd University - Budapest