Instructor2012 - PRESENTComponent Soft
Technologies: Java, Android
- Worked as an Android and Java instructor.
- Created course materials such as slides and exercises.
Founder2011 - PRESENTHumble Engineering
Technologies: Android, Java, Google App Engine
- Founded Humble Engineering, a side project whose goal is to create fun and awesome apps.
- Developed a number of Android apps, which are accessible at http://goo.gl/4xuU4m.
Head of Android Development2012 - 2013Spreadsong
- Created Free Books for Android, an app that makes more than 20,000 classic books and audiobooks available to users at no cost.
- Implemented a WebView-based EPUB renderer with paging and bookmarking to display books.
- Introduced multi-level caching of book cover images to improve UX and save bandwidth.
- Implemented JSON-based server communication to fetch social metadata of books (e.g. comments, ratings).
- Created a sophisticated audiobook chapter downloader. The downloader was planned and built with ambitious (and conflicting) goals in mind: it should prefetch chapters so that users never have to wait, it should be lazy to save bandwidth and battery, it should be aware of remaining available free disk space, it should never slow down the device (i.e. it should have a limit on maximum simultaneous downloads) and also consider whether or not the user is connected via a metered internet connection.
- Implemented an audiobook chapter player with custom UI elements.
- Integrated Google Play In-app Billing.
- Integrated crash reporters, analytics, and ad networks like BugSense, KISSmetrics, Flurry and Mobclix.
- Created a small app that sends live Photoshop mockups to a physical Android device to make designers more productive.
Senior Java Developer2010 - 2010Qualysoft Hungary
Technologies: Java, WebSphere 6.x-7.x, JSF 1.2, RichFaces 3.3.3, Spring, Apache Velocity, JAX-WS, CVS, Eclipse
- Developed a web-based information system application, available to the clients of Uniqa CZ.
- Integrated the web application with different heterogeneous Uniqa services.
Enterprise Java Architect2008 - 2010Lufthansa Systems Hungary
Technologies: Java, JBoss, Spring, EJB 3.0, JPA, JMS, Hibernate, Maven, Eclipse
- Architected the Integrated Operations Control Center Platform.
- Maintained, refined, and advanced the architectural concept of our platform.
- Provided technical specifications for sub-projects and work packages.
- Defined and completed work packages.
- Ensured compliance with configuration and build management.
- Defined and implemented test cases.
- Provided estimates for change requests.
- Reported progress to sub-project manager.
Java Developer2007 - 2008AltaCom Ltd.
- Developed a cell phone-based traffic information system in the Java EE environment.