Verified Expert in Engineering
An enthusiastic Android developer, Zsolt has brought a number of apps to life and published them to the Google Play Store. Possessing a Master's degree in Computer Science, he has solid Enterprise Java experience in multinational environments and speaks English fluently.
OS X, Git, IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is code an Android app providing a curated collection of 20k+ public domain books, spreading knowledge and learning to everyone for free.
- Worked as an Android and Java instructor.
- Created course materials such as slides and exercises.
- Founded Humble Engineering, a side project whose goal is to create fun and awesome apps.
- Developed a number of Android apps, which are accessible at http://goo.gl/4xuU4m.
Head of Android Development
- Created Free Books for Android, an app that makes more than 20,000 classic books and audiobooks available to users at no cost.
- Implemented a WebView-based EPUB renderer with paging and bookmarking to display books.
- Introduced multi-level caching of book cover images to improve UX and save bandwidth.
- Implemented JSON-based server communication to fetch social metadata of books (e.g. comments, ratings).
- Created a sophisticated audiobook chapter downloader. The downloader was planned and built with ambitious (and conflicting) goals in mind: it should prefetch chapters so that users never have to wait, it should be lazy to save bandwidth and battery, it should be aware of remaining available free disk space, it should never slow down the device (i.e. it should have a limit on maximum simultaneous downloads) and also consider whether or not the user is connected via a metered internet connection.
- Implemented an audiobook chapter player with custom UI elements.
- Integrated Google Play In-app Billing.
- Integrated crash reporters, analytics, and ad networks like BugSense, KISSmetrics, Flurry and Mobclix.
- Created a small app that sends live Photoshop mockups to a physical Android device to make designers more productive.
Senior Java Developer
- Developed a web-based information system application, available to the clients of Uniqa CZ.
- Integrated the web application with different heterogeneous Uniqa services.
Enterprise Java Architect
Lufthansa Systems Hungary
- Architected the Integrated Operations Control Center Platform.
- Maintained, refined, and advanced the architectural concept of our platform.
- Provided technical specifications for sub-projects and work packages.
- Defined and completed work packages.
- Ensured compliance with configuration and build management.
- Defined and implemented test cases.
- Provided estimates for change requests.
- Reported progress to sub-project manager.
- Developed a cell phone-based traffic information system in the Java EE environment.
Carrot - Shopping List
App Engine Dashboard
Humble Bubbles Live Wallpaper
Guide the Sheep
Don't Mind the Mine
APNS Library for Google App Enginehttps://github.com/ZsoltSafrany/java-apns-gae
Android SDK, Oracle ADF, OpenXava, JUnit, Spring, JPA, Hibernate, JSF, Apache Velocity, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP)
Eclipse IDE, Android Studio, WaveMaker, Apache Sling, Apache Maven, CVS, Servlet, Apache Tomcat, IntelliJ IDEA, Gradle, Git
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Clean Code, REST, Model View Controller (MVC)
Parse, Android, Java EE, Google App Engine, Eclipse, JBoss, WebSphere, OS X
SQLite, JSON, Google Cloud Datastore, MySQL
Takes, EPUB, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB)
Butterknife, Retrofit, Picasso, Guava, JMS, RichFaces, JAX-WS, Google+ API, Facebook API
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Budapest University of Technology and Economics - Hungary
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring