Verified Expert in Engineering
Zurab is an iOS engineer with 10 years of experience developing mobile applications. He has the ability to plan and manage long-term projects. Zurab is an expert in creating complex user interfaces and efficient multithreaded services. Proficient at writing scalable, clean, and testable code, he is committed to helping other engineers improve their coding skills.
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was creating a text layout engine for Meta, enabling a text view capable of displaying and editing Unicode text.
- Developed Yonder Reader, a document reader app designed to handle gigabytes of data. The company was already working on a new app version when I joined Yonder.
- Led the effort to improve the app's performance and clean up the codebase. I improved the app's performance 10x, fixed multiple memory leaks, and added unit tests.
- Shared my knowledge and best practices with other engineers to help the team avoid common pitfalls and maintain code quality in a fast-paced development environment.
- Worked on the UI components library similar to UIKit. Created multiple UI components with custom animations and event handling. This library was used internally by multiple teams.
- Created unit and integration tests for every element in the library. These tests used Meta's CI tools to monitor and report any issues.
- Collaborated closely with client teams and QAs to continuously gather feedback and improve the components mentioned above.
- Worked on a project where I created TextView from the ground up using C++ and Meta's proprietary graphics and system libraries.
- Created bots to monitor the performance metrics of TextView continuously. These bots would alert me if anything caused a regression in TextView performance.
- Planned and tracked multi-month projects by creating bite-sized tasks, which made it very easy for my managers and me to track progress and better understand the project's state.
Senior iOS Developer
Bank of Georgia
- Developed the Bank of Georgia application for iOS. I was an integral part of the development. Implemented multiple screens for managing user accounts.
- Worked closely with designers to come up with fluid animations and easy-to-use UI.
- Handled an internal app independently for ride-sharing. Using this app, bank employees could carpool to and from work.
- Collaborated with back-end developers to create appropriate REST APIs and implement push notification services.
Senior iOS Developer
- Developed and published nine iOS applications. Worked closely with clients to gather requirements. Guided designers to create a UI that would satisfy clients' needs. Worked with back-end developers to create appropriate REST APIs.
- Implemented multiple custom UI elements to deliver user-friendly and effective UI., e.g., created a calendar view with custom drag and drop gestures. Implemented algorithms to properly arrange and edit calendar entries.
- Worked closely with fellow iOS developers to help them overcome high-level architectural challenges. Guided them on how to use various iOS APIs effectively.
Swift, Objective-C, C++, C
Xcode, Git, Apple Push Notifications, Mercurial, Terminal, CMake, Figma, GitLab
iOS, Android, Mobile, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Apple
Unit Testing, REST, Continuous Integration (CI), Agile Project Management
Algorithms, Integration Testing, Automated UI Testing, Unicode, IPC, UI Testing, iPad
Protobuf, iOS Native Libraries
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Georgian Technical University - Tbilisi, Georgia