Why should you use Toptal to build your career?
- Grow your career by working with top companiesAt Toptal, you’ll choose from projects with industry leaders like Airbnb and J.P. Morgan and learn cutting-edge technologies and skills.
- Never worry about paymentsAt Toptal, you set your own rate, always get paid on time, and never have to worry about negotiating with clients or competing with cheap, inexperienced developers.
- Design your own lifestyleNo offices, no useless meetings, and no mandatory hours. You choose your own availability and enjoy the freedom to work from wherever you want.
- Learn from peers and take advanced technical coursesHave a bug? Ping the Toptal Slack Community for real-time, on-demand support from a global network of top engineers. Want to learn a new skill? The Toptal Academy is designed to help you rapidly gain professional expertise in a new technology.
- Get featured on the Toptal Engineering BlogWith hundreds of thousands of subscribers, hundreds of advanced technical studies, and frequent syndication requests from top industry publications, publishing on the Toptal Engineering Blog is a unique chance to show off your top work to the best in the industry.
- Speak at conferences and attend eventsNot only will you be able to attend Toptal Community events in cities all around the world, but as part of the Toptal Speakers Network, we’ll also help you attend leading conferences, submit papers, and prepare and deliver keynote speeches.
Meet members of the Toptal Scala community:
See 3 typical Scala jobs you’ll have access to at Toptal:
- Scala EngineerScala, Functional Programming, PostgreSQL, Amazon Web ServicesAs a cutting-edge biotech firm, we're seeking exceptional software developers who love finding clean solutions to hard problems and tackling scale and distributed systems problems. You will have a crucial role in improving and scaling our core product. Ideally, you would have experience in implementing large-scale cloud services.
- Senior Scala DeveloperScala, SQL, APIsWe are a mid-sized tech startup looking for a Senior Scala Developer with hands-on experience with the Play framework and, ideally, a good understanding of JVM. You will be working as a back-end engineer on a massive platform with millions of daily active users. We are flexible on location. However, daily standups are required.
Enjoy competitive, worry-free compensation.
Design your own lifestyle.
Join tech conferences, advanced skill development sessions, and more.
We’re hosting a dinner for the Rio Toptal Community and our guests on January 22nd, 2017.
Join us at Outback Casa & Gourmet, starting at 7:00 PM, and meet Toptalers from the Finance, Design, and Developer fields along with Igor Santos, our Community leader from Rio.
Please RSVP on this page to give us an accurate head count. For questions regarding this event, please contact the event organizer, Igor Santos.
You’re invited to join Garage48, British Embassy, and Startup Estonia for a very important gathering: the Idea Garage Cyber Security meeting, January 23rd in Vilnius.
Idea Garage Cyber Security will bring together people from many different fields: data scientists, cybersecurity experts, data protection professionals, designers, developers, marketers, and project managers from Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, and the United Kingdom. All these experts will come together to brainstorm on security and technology, and to prepare ideas and challenges for a region-wide hackathon in Spring 2018.
Vidmantas Kabošiš, Engineering Manager at Toptal, will be on site and participating. Make sure you join us for this exciting event if you want to hear more about Toptal.
The event begins at 9 AM at Rise Vilnius. For more information, please visit the event posting.
On January 25th, we are partnering with Rubyslava, a group of local Ruby developers who get together to share their knowledge and experience.
Peter Dulačka, Denník N: Open source development at Dennik N
Kubo Motýľ, BuffPanel: A Big(Query) frog in a small pond.
The meetup will be a great opportunity to meet fellow developers in the area as well as the event organizer, Jano Suchal, a Toptal developer.
The event begins at 7:00 PM at Nervosa. For more information, please see the event website.
The First Annual Investors’ Conference on Greek & Cypriot NPLS takes place January 29th in Athens.
This high-level conference will bring together key government entities with bank sellers, loan investors, investment banking teams, and industry experts. The goal is to address solutions to the €130+ billion in outstanding non-performing loans and to facilitate the establishment of a robust secondary market and creative capital markets solutions for restoring bank balance sheets to health.
Solon Molho, a Toptal finance expert and contributor to The Economist Intelligence Unit, will be one of the participants in a discussion titled “Overview of the State of Greek and Cypriot Banking”, starting at 9:30 AM.
The event begins at 9:00 AM at InterContinental Athenium Athens. For more information, please see the event website.