- GoChime (via Toptal), Web Developer (2011 - 2015)
- Built prototype system with heavy integration with Twitter API and automatic querying and posting based on what twitter users were sharing in real-time.
- Designed and built reporting systems for actionable data analysis and client reports.
- AdWorx (via Toptal), Lead Developer (2012 - 2012)
Technologies: PHP/MySQL, CodeIgniter, phpUnit, phpDoc, HTML5, CSS3, Compass, SASS, CoffeeScript, Phing, Jenkins, Amazon Web Services
- Designed and built a system using CodeIgniter (PHP) implementing the entire business flow (product selection, payment, production, delivery).
- Contributed to the definition of the business logic process.
- Implemented the front-end UI/UX using HTML5, Compass, CoffeeScript and jQuery.
- Implemented payments using Paypal Pro (multiple recurring payments, credit card direct payments).
- Integrated with a brochure design and printing service (mycreativeshop.com).
- smsPREP (via Toptal), Lead Developer (2010 - 2012)
- Joomla! component development to allow for the sending and receiving of millions of multiple choice questions and responses via SMS.
- Designed and built a smart Learning Management System (LMS) from scratch.
- Designed and built an adaptive learning algorithm that continually targets multiple-choice questions according to a current users difficulty level.
- Designed multiple reporting systems for actionable data analysis and business intelligence.
- Developed smsPREP API to allow for 3rd party integration into the system for sites such as Zinch.com and CollegeProwler.com.
- Designed and built social gaming and social modes for eLearning.
- Developed Facebook integrations for social learning.
- Kannel SMS Gateway development and integration.
- Circlefy (via Toptal), Web Developer (2011 - 2011)
- Responsible for the prototype development of the social network working under the “Scrum” model.
- Managed the R&D team as “Scrum Master” (defining requirements, PM, etc.).
- Toptal Platform, Project Manager (2011 - 2011)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails
- Defined requirements and managed a team of Ruby on Rails developers.
- Responsible for QA/Testing.
- IDEO (via Toptal), Front-end Developer (2011 - 2011)
Technologies: HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Flash, ActionScript 3.0, HTML5, CSS3
- Created prototype websites for market testing.
- Set up Google Analytics and Goal Tracking to measure their success.
- Contributed to the UI / UX design process based on knowledge of usability best practices from Steve Krug of http://www.sensible.com/.
- Implemented many variations of User Experience using jQuery and Youtube Custom Player.
- Basic Flash development in ActionSript 3.0.
- ConsumerBell (via Toptal), Developer (2010 - 2010)
- Creation of a WordPress plugin that allowed clients to post comments about any company, service or product.
- The plugin included a “feed” to show the posted comments in real time.
- This plugin also had a Backend integrated with WordPress administration panel.
- Implemented Facebook and Twitter integration.
- Developed different UI / UX elements using jQuery.
- DWP Internet, Developer (2009 - 2010)
- Joomla! component and theme development.
- Developed a generic “directory site” and then customized/deployed it to create 3 websites.
- Optimization of the Mosets Tree component code—increasing site performance by ~200%.
- Created a web-crawler from scratch using C++ / Python.
- Converted many gigabytes of data into importable SQL, only using a couple regular expressions.
- Executed full data mining processes, downloading, parsing and importing over a 400.000 records for 3 databases.