Verified Expert in Design
Austin is a technical artist and designer who has extensive experience working with games, simulations, and virtual reality using the Unreal Engine, Unity game engine, and other proprietary systems. Austin believes in versatility, diversity, and exploring new avenues of technology in order to achieve the best results for his clients.
- Enhanced the Story Book System to utilize animations from Spine 2D and created additional code with Spine 2D runtime in Unity.
- Managed animators/technical artists and assisted with the growth of our team.
- Assisted artists, designers, and engineers in improving content creation pipelines and integration.
- Supported project development and drove initiatives to standardize solutions across the organization.
- Enhanced performance by assisting the team in optimizing existing assets and stress testing for the launch of Virbela 2.0.
- Organized and integrated all assets into Unity 3D.
- Assisted the team in developing tools, pipelines, and workflows for Unity 3D.
IT People Corporation | Lenovo
- Created and integrated static and dynamic environment assets for a virtual reality project using the Unity game engine.
- Optimized, animated, and integrated UI interfaces for a virtual reality project using the Unity game engine.
- Assisted the team in creating custom C# tools and mobile shaders for Android using the Unity game engine.
- Designed, modeled, and rigged the realistic characters and exercise equipment.
- Animated and rendered videos of characters utilizing exercise equipment.
- Maintained contact with a remote team and self-managed tasks.
- Organized and integrated assets and tools into Shield AI's simulation system.
- Created static and dynamic environments and human behavior and developed procedural and parameterized tools that utilize Unreal Engine 4 and Shield AI's simulation system.
- Assisted the team in researching and implementing technologies, specifically motion capturing, VR, and AR, for utilization in Unreal Engine 4 and Shield AI's simulation system.
- Developed and implemented UI/UX assets into the Unity game engine.
- Created the design, modeling, texturing, and rigging assets for the Unity game engine.
- Assisted my team in the scripting, particle effects, and animation sequences for the Unity game engine.
- Handled the modeling and texturing of 3D assets for Knight Strike.
- Assisted the team in designing characters, the rigging, and animations for Knight Strike.
- Assisted the team in developing and determining player interactions.
3D and Technical Artist
Carnegie Mellon University
- Designed the art and UI/UX tasks for Project Spearhead and My Hero Journey.
- Assisted Project Spearhead in developing and designing 20 rapid prototypes and experiments for the virtual reality headset, Oculus Rift, the first development kit for the Unity game engine.
- Helped My Hero Journey in designing, developing, and play-testing a child-friendly user interface that encouraged children to read and create stories.
- Assisted My Hero Journey in designing, building, and installing the interactive exhibit at the San Antonio Children's Museum of San Antonio, Texas.
Master's Degree in Entertainment Technology
Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Sculptural Fine Arts and Art Education
New Jersey City University - Jersey City, NJ, United States