Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Member since January 10, 2017
Bronwen is a digital designer from London with five years in the industry. Experienced in both brand and digital design, her passion lies in learning and evolving her skills to make her a better digital designer and person. This is furthered by trying to understand how her practice affects all audiences.
- Digital Designer2016 - 2017Webstars, Ltd.
Technologies: Adobe CC, InVision, Sublime, Sketch, Mailchimp, Marvel, HTML, CSS
- Designed a stock music platform, including both the composer portal and the customer website. As lead designer on the project, I led the UX and UI process. A brand identity was also created.
- Created a Microsite for a touring opera. The site's aim was to increase anticipation of the up and coming shows and encourage sign-up for behind-the-scenes access.
- Designed the agency's new website, including the UX and design of all the case studies.
- Designed a responsive website for a vinyl pressing company that required an updated look and feel. UX, UI, and content creation were all part of the process.
- Digital Designer2016 - 2016The Times
Technologies: Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision, Principle
- Designed a page navigation for the online version of the newspaper. The aim was to allow for a reading style that replicated reading a printed version of The Times.
- Worked on The Times core on screen ads and led the discussions of the placement of the ads.
- Developed an entirely new icon set for the online newspaper, to create consistency throughout the articles.
- Designed the signup process for a new customer subscribing for The Times online.
- Digital Designer2015 - 2016Making Pretty
Technologies: Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision
- Designed a platform for recent graduates to find the necessary information to help them transition from student life to working life. Designed the entire visual identity, UX and UI of the platform.
- Designed a visual identity and responsive website for a juice bar that needed a refreshed brand. Developed an entire fruity illustration set that could be used as core brand assets.
- Designed a new responsive website for a SaaS company the dealt in queue management. The entire UX and UI were part of the process.
- Worked for a recruitment firm, specializing in law, that required a completely new brand identity and responsive website. A new visual identity was created as well as the entire UX and UI of the site.
- Created a new visual identity for a property development specialist. The identity was applied across both printed collateral and a new responsive website.
- Creative Director2013 - 2016Soapbox Press
Technologies: Adobe CC, Kickstarter
- Soapbox Press is a small independent publishing company run by myself and three others. We work with universities in the latter stages of the year to assist in the production of their final year showcase books.
- We also run a blog that supports a student and graduate voice, using social media as an opportunity to showcase the amazing work being produced by university student.
- As a director of Soapbox Press, we were invited to run a series of lectures and workshops with the first year Interior Design Course at Chelsea College of Art, discussing the necessities of publications.
- Designed a book to showcase MA student Daragh Casey's final degree show project, Shelving the Body. The printing and opening night was successfully funded by a Kickstarted campaign. The book was curated and designed by the soapbox team and all publicity was generated through social media and printed flyers.
- Brand and Comms Designer2013 - 2015Rufus Leonard
Technologies: Adobe CC, InVision
- Worked closely in small brand teams, developing and growing large brands through various refreshes and complete redesigns. Clients included Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Premier Inn, and Royal Mail.
- Designed the UX through UI as a timeline to showcase Rufus Leonard's great 25-year history. The process required close communication with the UX, development, and marketing teams. Delving through the archives, all imagery was curated and photographed to create a really unique story.
- Led numerous agency activities, including a hackathon to celebrate 25 years of design within Rufus Leonard. The Hackathon had volunteers from various locations across the world and the challenge was to build a money app, the app could be anything from investment to spending. The day was documented and publicly congratulated.
- Effective Communication Strategies for Designers (Publication)It’s crucial that designers focus not only on cultivating their abilities with creative tools but also improve their ability to communicate design effectively.
- Design Process: Is it Objective or Subjective? (Publication)The relationship between art and design is often misunderstood, and although a design outcome can be artful, the process behind it is altogether very different.
- Persuasive Design: Using Advanced Psychology Effectively (Publication)Persuasive design isn’t evil. It’s a tool, and like any tool, it can be misused. However, with the right research and thoughtful application, it can be a valuable addition to any designer’s toolkit.
- Certificate (summer intensive course completion) in Front-end Code2015 - 2105Code for Girls - London
- Nanodegree in Web Accessibility2017 - 2017Udacity - Online
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) degree in Graphic Arts2010 - 2013Winchester School of Art - Southampton University - Winchester, UK