Verified Expert in Design
Carrie has over 20 years of experience in user-centered design. She has worked in startups through to complex B2B environments. Carrie delivered a mobile app based on augmented reality to provide a gamified shopping experience for consumers and designed a complex data visualization tool for Equifax. With a background in web design, she has expertise in all facets of the UX design process. Carrie has strong stakeholder and team leadership experience and delivers on-the-mark results every time.
Lead UX Designer
- Established and led a new team of five designers, implementing a robust UX framework for efficiently delivering designs.
- Enabled ongoing company-wide design review surveys via email to validate design decisions, and the implementation of heat map analytics to review and measure customer behavior for new features.
- Facilitated the implementation of lean UX processes and a collaborative team environment that enabled the delivery of validated UX designs through five development teams.
- Established a design framework for school teachers when assigning work to students, replacing an older system. This saw increased retention with schools.
- Designed a solution for B2C customers (parents) to subscribe and assign maths activities for kids, including reporting, auto-assign functionality, and recommendations based on activity completion results.
Lead UX Designer
- Created the vision and design direction for a soon-to-be launched portal and mobile app for home buyers.
- Collaborated with a small, Agile team to design and build a new real estate portal aimed at helping new home buyers through the end-to-end home buying journey.
- Collaborated with team members to define, conceptualize, design, test, iterate, and build new user experiences, I worked closely with team stakeholders to deliver user experience excellence.
- Designed the entire end-to-end interface solution for both web and mobile, including the logged out, onboarding and signed in experience, including a market place for third party providers (e.g. mortgage brokers, converyancers, pest inspectors).
- Adapted quickly to project and client needs in consulting engagements. Engaged to manage and lead design teams within a lean UX framework, ensuring team collaboration to deliver the best outcomes for the client.
- Collaborated with the design teams to refine UX design skills and techniques, as well as mentored team members as required.
- Involved with the wider UX community within Deloitte, to ensure that everyone was using the latest methodologies and that learnings were shared among teams.
- Managed the UX recruitment of all new UX designers across the organization.
- Working in a lead capacity on corporate B2B clients to provide solutions for banking, insurance, government and telcos.
Lead User Experience Architect
Veda (Now Equifax)
- Assisted product managers, business stakeholders, and IT development teams to design and shape the functionality and usability of a suite of B2B data visualization products, targeting the finance sector.
- Collaborated in the design and implementation of internal UX strategy and governance across multiple business areas and presented this as the approach to key business stakeholders.
- Drove, designed, and led the UX direction of the organization as the sole UX specialist.
- Called upon to consult with different stakeholders throughout the business on the best UCD approach for projects.
- Managed all design outcomes for a team of nearly 30 developers, working within an agile development team.
- Focused on the design of a complex data visualization tool that provides visual organizational structures using third-party data, such as ASIC.
User Experience Specialist
National Broadband Network
- Engaged with business stakeholders to scope out business requirements, define user journeys, process flows, and functionality to deliver initiatives within a complex service environment used by wholesale telecommunications service providers.
- Facilitated gathering end user feedback through workshop deliverables, survey data, and mapping qualitative and quantitative data to engage a user centered design approach for our solutions.
- Improved our internal processes to create efficiencies while working in an agile environment. My design outcomes included detailed wireframes incorporating front-end functional specifications and complex form validation.
Senior User Experience Architect
- Engaged with business stakeholders to examine and define strategic requirements for complex B2B ordering systems for their customers.
- Workshopped conceptual components to explore multiple solutions and provided alternative recommendations.
- Examined high-level requirements and converted these into detailed wireframes. Developed user scenarios with strategic thinking methods.
- Defined test plans and cases for user testing. Organized and executed user testing, documented results, and delivered recommendations.
- Provided a strategic roadmap for the direction of the project delivery.
- One project involved creating a role-based application that displayed apps and data based on access. I was engaged with leading the high-level architecture and design solution for this project.
Company Director and UX Designer
- Set up WebGenesis as a professional web services company in January 2006, specializing in providing strategic online services to small and medium-sized businesses.
- Provided web services to many new smaller clients and servicing larger clients from previous engagements.
- Provided usability and web strategy consulting. These projects' scope included user testing, information architecture, site maps and wireframes, workflow diagrams, and strategic recommendations.
Master's Degree in Information Architecture
Charles Sturt Univeristy - Remote
Bachelor's Degree in Visual Arts
College of Fine Arts - Sydney, Australia