Coeur d'Alene, ID, United States
Member since October 16, 2017
An award-winning visual designer with over a decade of experience and an AA degree in graphic design, Chris's clients have included LASIK Vision Institute, Xbox, and World Ventures. He's familiar with brand development, website design, mobile app design, and dashboard systems; he's also well-versed in both UX and UI design. Chris's passion lies in the entire UX process and believes you cannot have great UI without a well thought out UX.
- Director of Marketing and Design2016 - PRESENTContinuous Composites
Technologies: JIRA, Premiere CC, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, InDesign CC, Sketch App, InVision, Microsoft Office 365
- Led all of the marketing strategies within the company, reaching out to publications for media exposure and managing all social channels.
- Directed and designed robot operating software for the iPad where I was tasked with leading UX strategy;used Lucid Charts for user flows, JIRA for project management, and shaped the UI design of all screens and actions. The end result was a clean and minimal interface that gives robot operators full control of all print actions, and the ability to look back at previous prints.
- Rebranded the company through a new identity, CMS website, and print collateral—helping to establish new company messaging and tone with the assistance of the executive team.
- Tasked with capturing and elevating the quality of all photography and videography for marketing and brand needs.
- Assisting with IT, facilities, and executive needs as issues or tasks arise.
- Senior Graphic Designer2006 - PRESENTCrooz Media
Technologies: Sketch App, InVision, Photoshop, Webflow, Illustrator, InDesign
- Specialized in brand development, marketing, mobile app design, email marketing, and website design.
- Worked with dozens of clients: walking them through the design process and helping them understand the journey of the project.
- Built up the overall brand perception to their audience and shaped the narrative; it was wildly successful.
- Won several awards from the American Advertising Federation for my branding, advertising assets, and website design.
- Provided photoshoots for clients to help showcase their products and services to their customers.
- Co-founder | Senior UX Designer2016 - 2017Codera
Technologies: Sketch App, InVision, Adobe CC Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, Webflow
- Managed and was responsible for all UX/UI design, identity, branding, and website design.
- Designed an iOS kiosk-based fish-pairing app for brick-and-mortar stores like Petco and PetSmart; also developed the identity, user flow, UX, UI, and prototype design.
- Assisted a multimillion-dollar startup with a rapid onboarding rollout project to replace their current manual onboarding process with a ten-times better onboarding solution within a 30-day deadline.
- Created a working prototype for a multiple-dashboard system that allowed reps, moderators, and merchants to manage leads, merchants, and offers in a seamless interface; used Webflow.
- Partnered with a new CRM startup that was looking to improve the way that users manage contacts; also designed the UI for both a desktop and iOS app.
- Rebranded the new CRM startup to help position themselves as a tech-forward company.
- Lead UX Designer2015 - 2016Intuitive Technologies
Technologies: Sketch App, InVision, Adobe Photoshop, Webflow
- Managed and was responsible for web design projects and the mobile app UX/UI redesigns.
- Redesigned a white label social network interface for both desktop and mobile (iOS and Android) experiences.
- Rebranded a social network with a compelling story shaped around their core services.
- Mindmapped and designed an entirely new onboarding experience for new users.
- Designed all the pitch decks, video scripts, and lead pages to help increase membership subscriptions.
- Chief Marketing Officer2013 - 2015Aspen Homes
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Rebranded the company to unify their brand presence in a local community.
- Shaped the story to target custom home buyers with a matching elevated brand perception.
- Strategized and designed all the advertising assets for all home shows, print ads, and social marketing.
- Led the creative direction for the entire website redesign to ensure that the site would assist users in finding the right home for them by researching available communities, find the right floor plan, and see previously completed homes in an image gallery.
- Won the Gold ADDY award for the AspenHomes.com's website redesign in 2015.
- Chief Operations Officer2006 - 2013AdFlavor
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator
- Managed the affiliate network, built up the company culture, and improved productivity.
- Worked with Safeco Insurance to build lead pages which involved email creatives and email lead deliveries to the call center.
- Consulted with large brands on their marketing approaches and how to improve their call to actions and improve ROI.
- Advised advertising platforms on how to improve UI to create a more effective UX and gain more user adoption.
- Associate of Arts degree in 3D Animation and Graphic Design2002 - 2006Bellevue College - Bellevue, WA, USA