Verified Expert in Design
Ciprian is a product and UX designer who can distill complex experiences into seamless and fun user flows. Over the last 15 years, Ciprian has discovered that great design is born at the intersection of business goals, user needs, and beauty. Some of Ciprian's clients include HubSpot, Neil Patel, and Single Grain.
CAROO - B2B Ecommerce & Loyalty Platform
Freelance (via Toptal and Other Avenues)
- Worked with a NY-based digital marketing agency on CRO-focused design projects for software, pharma, and B2B verticals.
- Created the core UX experience for a B2B eCommerce platform of a big US machinery manufacturer with a global footprint. The store handles thousands of sparring parts featuring complex use case scenarios for corporate customers and partners.
- Improved the UI and UX design with a focus on the CRO of a mobile contest website.
- Led the UX Design for a website builder for real estate agencies. Developed the whole user experience and product architecture from one end to another with the business owner.
UI/UX Designer for the Martech Automation Platform
- Designed a unique dashboard for advertising customers that shows spending and performance, including comparative cost per conversion, from all major platforms: Facebook, Google, Twitter, and Snapchat.
- Created a design style, including layout, colors, typography, buttons, and states.
- Crafted an optimized onboarding flow to integrate one's first advertising data source, including Facebook or Google.
- Designed a set of graphs for the campaign view that helps people track various KPIs, such as impressions, large cash transaction reports (LCTR), CLPC, cost per purchase, and return on ad spend (ROAS) about custom periods of time.
UX Designer for Internal Platform
- Improved the speed of the operational team by over 200% while raising the emotional experience of the process and ease of use for the application.
- Provided user research and testing around the current workflow of the application. Used the insights to create new functionalities that improved operational accuracy by over 20%.
- Created a UX strategy for an internal application that improved the roadmap significantly.
- Collaborated with multiple departments, gathered data and insights, and fueled those into an implemented working prototype.
- Redesigned the whole UI and UX of the core module of the CRM business to a visual interface based on drag and drop. Based on the user testing, the product's speed and ease of use increased by at least 100%.
- Devised a User Flow for branch-based, conditional logic funnels that could automate campaigns in the CRM.
- Introduced customer development, user interviews, and surveys at a company level and ran a series of 10+ interviews that uncovered insights about the users' core needs and wants. Based on the results, management updated the roadmap and priorities.
- Created a design system based on developers existing workflow, needs, and wants to help them implement new features faster and establish consistency.
- Redesigned the whole community to get it up-to-date in terms of UI and UX, addressing more than 100,000 marketers. Personally supervised the implementation of the new design. Helped the platform achieve a 15% month-over-month growth of new users.
- Designed a process for customer interviews to allow informed decision-making and discover new insights.
- Advocated and influenced the progressive shift of the startup culture from traffic to WAU (weekly active users), using data and customer stories and leading the platform towards engagement and creating new connections.
- Introduced an NPS (net promoter score) system that became one of the core metrics of the app. Implemented the technical solution and educated the team about the concept and results.
- Updated the core metrics to better measure the progress toward key goals.
- Introduced a CRO program in collaboration with the development and growth team. Designed and oversaw the shipment of new features. Cooperated with the growth team to create designs and visual assets for social media and advertising campaigns.
- Recruited, onboarded, and managed a UI/UX designer.
GI Real Estate
- Designed a complex real estate platform featuring thousands of properties. I also created the UX for the back-end and management side of the platform and supervised the implementation.
- Created the whole identity system for the GI brand that became one of the best-known real estate names in Bucharest in just two years.
- Designed a system to photograph each property in less than 60 minutes professionally. Each property featured more than ten gorgeous pictures, showing the pros and cons in detail.
- Built the internal information flow and work structure against simple procedures and policies that created predictable outcomes.
- Created the whole design of the property database that comprised all the crucial information for the clients and owners. We used simple checklist documents that were digitalized and updated in the CRM and the website's back end daily.
- The back end was connected with a CRM that made it easier to manage a huge number of properties only with a few brokers.
- Designed a web platform that allows users to monetize a piece of information or a digital product by creating a short link with a paywall.
- Created and implemented the web presence for ASEBUSS, the #1 MBA program in Romania.
- Built the online presence of MBS, one of Romania's biggest privately-owned construction brands. Created 3D simulators to allow clients to configure their houses in real-time.
- Designed and implemented multiple online campaigns for the biggest travel agency in Romania at that time, Happy Tour.
- Outlined and supervised the implementation of multiple eCommerce websites in fashion, toys, and the outdoors.
- Worked with several clients from all around the world and helped them design websites and web products.
- Redesigned the biggest platform for freelance workers in the UK at the time, Work Bidder.
- Created a platform design that empowered bloggers and website owners to get video comments on their articles.
- Designed multiple eCommerce websites in various industries like software, fashion, auto parts, board games, cleaning, office supplies, medical, food, music, and entertainment.
- Crafted a car rental platform design for the Spanish market.
Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Visual Communication
George Enescu College - Iași, Romania