Member since August 7, 2015
Darko is a designer, hacker, and founder. He takes ideas and transforms them into smart, intuitive products in a way that maximizes learning for a company at any stage of growth. His expertise, using which he has built up a startup enterprise, is in UX/UI design, low- and hi-fi prototypes, and app analytics strategy. He has prototyped chatbots and NLP features. He uses Sketch, Framer, Axure, HTML/CSS, and React, among other technologies.
- Founder, Solo Hacker2017 - PRESENTTracking Plan
Technologies: PHP, React, Sketch, Mixpanel
- Built the product from idea to production.
- Experienced the challenges of founding a company firsthand.
- Designed the front-end in a way I always wanted to try: very minimal in visual elements, short, effective copy, larger font, very contrast-y for improved accessibility.
- Learned to really appreciate sales copy.
- UX & UI Designer2017 - 2018Silo.co
Technologies: Sketch, Framer, JS, Mixpanel, In-person usability testing
- Completely revamped the app over the course of a year.
- Conducted in-person usability testing to understand the pain points of a new posting mechanism.
- Delivered detailed Mixpanel specs for each new feature/product update.
- Managed several projects.
- UX & UI Designer2016 - 2016Keepy (mobile)
Technologies: Axure, Sketch
- Designed new onboarding screens for the mobile app.
- Analyzed Mixpanel data to spot pain points in the post creation process.
- Experience Designer2014 - 2015Tailor and Made
Technologies: Research, Wireframing, Prototyping, Project Management, Axure, Illustrator
- Revamped dashboards of a complex online marketplace, including redesigned user flows, user interface, and interactions.
- Led visual design teams on projects like marketing sites, icon redesign, and illustrations.
- Led web development teams on small and large projects such as new payment integration.
- Consulted with clients about product vision and strategy, feature prioritization, and differentiating from the competition.
- Designed internal projects.
- User Experience Designer2013 - 2014White City Soft
Technologies: Adobe Illustrator, Axure RP
- Conceptualized a few internal projects, like a team/project management tool and a gift/coupon discovery tool.
- Assisted PMs in optimizing complex product requirement documents based on optimal user experience. Learned to advocate for prototypes before long Spec documents.
- Created and maintained PDF wireframes, including complex screen states and interactions.
- Worked with clients on optimizing and prioritizing product releases.
- Coded a prototype in HTML and JS to communicate interaction details to developers.
- Usability Past Its Breaking Point: A Toptal Design Talk (Publication)Should the user experience ever be sacrificed in order to push the boundaries of design? Learn how to balance usability with experimentation using methods such as online portfolios.
- Usability And The Art Of Portfolio Design: A Toptal Design Talk (Publication)Examine how renowned studios such as Ro-Lu use online portfolios to push design boundaries in order to balance both usability and experimentation. Are portfolios an appropriate approach?
- MA degree in Photography (Applied Graphics)2003 - 2008Faculty of Applied Arts - Belgrade, Serbia
- Technician's degree in Packaging Design1998 - 2002School for Design - Belgrade, Serbia