Scenic West Consulting, LLC
2016 - PRESENT
- Provided freelance/contract user experience and product management consulting and leadership.
- Helped companies build Agile product teams.
- Worked with startups to lead UX and product strategy for new products.
- Worked with large eCommerce companies to optimize cross-device experiences for maximum conversion rates and AOV through user experience improvements.
- Worked with education tech companies and professional associations to create engaging online community experiences that sell courses, memberships, etc.
Technologies: Sketch, InVision, Marvel, UserTesting.com, Validately, Lucidchart, Google Docs, JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, Trello, Asana, Slack, Google Hangouts
eCommerce User Experience Leader
2013 - 2016
- Led the framework design of a cross-device, interactive custom t-shirt design lab to replace the current lab.
- Led a project design team that included one additional UX designer, two visual designers, and me.
- Managed product and led UX development for CustomInk's new responsive style guide/UI framework, which supports UI development for our continuous deployment product development team.
- Managed product and led UX development for Booster.com eCommerce buyer experiences including shopping cart and product pages.
- Led UX design for Booster.com's mobile-first responsive shopping cart.
Technologies: Balsamiq, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, InVision, HTML/CSS, Sass, Usertesting.com, Google Docs
Education Technology User Experience Leader
2013 - 2015
- Led responsive UX efforts for client implementations of YourMembership Learning's highly customizable Learning Management System (LMS).
- Led responsive UX design for a redesign of Intel's Retail Edge online education and certification program and Intel's Reseller Training app.
- Oversaw UI development and visual design for Intel's Retail Edge program.
- Worked on responsive UX design for Congress of Neurological Surgeon's (CNS) Neurosurgery Wiki.
- Worked on American College of Cardiology's board exam test prep app.
Technologies: Balsamiq, Sketch, InVision, Google Docs
Product Manager and User Experience Leader
2012 - 2013
- Worked with the CEO, CTO, and COO to turn high-level business goals into a product roadmap.
- Owned user experience/interaction design decisions for software, using workflow diagrams, wireframes, and rapid prototypes to convey concepts to stakeholders.
- Served as Agile Scrum team product owner for Brazen Connect, our enterprise SaaS virtual career fair, open house, and networking event platform.
- Led the redesign of our corporate website.
- Trained and mentored digital marketing staff and web interns on HTML, CSS, UI layout best practices, and content strategy.
- Worked across the company, particularly with accounts, sales, and marketing team leadership, to identify product opportunities, conduct requirements gathering sessions, and document functional requirements in user stories for product backlog and upcoming releases.
Technologies: Balsamiq, Adobe Fireworks, HTML/CSS, LESS, Google Docs, Twitter Bootstrap
User Experience Consultant
2011 - 2011
- Led mobile development best practice research.
- Researched and evaluated native and mobile web application development options.
- Advised healthcare team leadership on mobile user experience best practices.
- Created wireframes for recommended features for MyMedicare.gov mobile website.
Technologies: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Visio
User Experience Lead/Web Application Developer
Booz Allen Hamilton
2010 - 2011
- Led user experience, prototyping, front-end development, and user research/testing for internal business intelligence web apps.
- Worked with clients/senior level stakeholders to gather requirements, establish the timeline, and plan products.
- Produced wireframes for new business intelligence web applications requested by company leadership.
- Conducted user training sessions and wrote user documentation.
- Improved business processes, data collection, and reporting practices through technical solutions and enhanced business processes.
Technologies: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office, HTML/CSS, jQuery, Coldfusion
Web Development and Training Specialist
St. Mary's College of Maryland
2008 - 2010
- Oversaw all project management and led front-end web development and site architecture for a college website, and supported the content management system.
- Led site content migration and redesign projects supporting the implementation of a new content management system.
- Wrote a web style guide, web technical guide, social network guidelines, CMS user documentation, and other training documentation for the college.
- Created and managed the college's CMS training and user support program supporting over 200 web editors.
- Managed the Web Services Intern Program.
- Managed social networking guidelines and training efforts for the college.
- Supervised web content development of all offices and departments on campus.
Technologies: Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Fireworks, HTML/CSS, XML/XSLT