Verified Expert in Design
With over 10 years of experience creating digital interfaces, Gabriel specializes in supporting startups and large corporations through innovative B2C and B2B projects. As a trained designer, he has a holistic approach that takes into account all the stakeholders of the project, their purpose, motivation and needs within their context and timeline. With each project, his mission is to solve challenges and transform them into the most efficient digital solutions possible.
ICP Online Project Management Web App | Aedile.io
Senior UX/UI Designer
- Contributed to redesign and feature design, increasing new client retention by over 300% for Accès SAP in 2021.
- Designed an event landing page with an NFT connection process for the 2021 Non-Fungible Conference. Over 2,500 attendees participated in the event.
- Designed Criteo's 1st SaaS web application in 2020. So far, 18,000 customers worldwide are using the web application.
- Worked on the redesign and feature design in 2020 for Horiz.io, generating €2.7 million in revenue in 2021.
- Designed the MVP for LaConsigne GreenGo (now BIBAK) in 2019, raising €1.2 million in funding in 2020.
- Designed the MVP in 2017 for Qlikbeton LafargeHolcim and achieved a profit of €100,000 in the 1st year. Adapted designs and deployed in seven European countries.
UX/UI Web App Designer
Pelikan Mobility SAS
- Started my mission with a UI/UX review of the existing product.
- Planned the definition of all the platform functionalities and their evolution and established a standard atomic design system base.
- Understood that we offered the same workflow for our two clients, and neither was satisfactory, and asked me to discover the end of the story.
- Upgraded to web standards and the urgent need for Pelikan Mobility, I carried out a study of the context of the project. I asked the PM to organize a series of interviews with the client's end users.
- Involved in the collaboration, we hired ten end users to interview. I recorded each interview and prepared a report, which I presented to the PM and stakeholders.
- Realized that we were offering a web app that claimed to do everything but was unclear in its functionality and did not bring the full expected value for the customers, even though we had the correct data.
- Proposed to carry out a new series of qualifying tests to confirm whether we had understood the real needs of our two client companies.
- Defined a use case and an output for each client, and I created a test structure and two different high-fidelity animated prototypes tailor-made for each client.
- Conducted the tests on the same ten users. We received valuable feedback and noticed that by changing some data and page status, we could converge toward a unique platform experience that provides the expected value to our customers.
- Presented the new version, after which Pelikan Mobility won against the competitor.
External Senior UX/UI Designer
- Created personalized and effortless rewards experiences in consumer daily banking applications that drive online and in-store sales for retailers by leveraging payment data.
- Worked on a white-label version of their cashback solution for mobile banking applications.
- Built the product map of a new feature with the client, which I then presented to the developers.
- Redesigned the home page to include access to a new feature.
- Created the new feature mockups, including edge cases.
External Senior UX/UI Designer
- Designed an alternative payment method feature for the mobile app Heetch in Angola.
- Built user stories and the product map of the feature and presented them to the lead UI/UX designer and lead developer.
- Created all of the mockups, including edge cases, and made an animated prototype.
External Senior UX Designer
- Created an MVP for a self-service web app for a new B2B project, collaborating with a product manager, a front-end, and a lead developer as a senior UX designer. Participated in the UX/UI company weekly meetings.
- Started the project with a review of the product manager draft. I did user interviews and a detailed benchmark, created key user flows, and made an animated Figma prototype. I have done qualitative user tests several times.
- Created, tested, and found solutions to improve workflows around analyzing the key features. Researched the best patterns and ergonomics in our case. Defined page templates to facilitate development as a team close with the front-end development.
- Made a delivery prototype and pixel-perfect mockups for development using the design system. Created all the web application screens synchronizing with the team.
- Followed 100% of the design system styles and components.
- Testimonial: "Working with Gabriel was great. He quickly ramped up on the product we were building and integrated well with the team, fostering communication and bringing both great energy and sound proposals."
- Testimonial: "Despite numerous constraints and uncertainties, he managed to deliver [...] a design that got strong support from both the product team and our would-be users. I'd recommend him wholeheartedly!" – Emmanuel Sablone, Product Manager, Voodoo.io.
External Senior UX/UI Designer
- Created an MVP for a self-service web app for a new B2B project. As a senior UX designer, I worked with two product managers, a lead developer, a lead designer, a UI designer, and a junior UX designer.
- Started the project with user interviews and a detailed benchmark. Created a user flow and made an animated Figma prototype that followed my main use case. I have done several qualitative user tests.
- Focused on key features and found solutions to improve workflows. Researched the best patterns and ergonomics in our case and defined page templates to facilitate development.
- Made a delivery prototype and pixel-perfect mockups for development, participating in creating and using the new design system. Created most of the web application screens, synchronizing with the team.
- Provided tasks and coached a junior UX designer for the research and production part during the 4-month mission.
- Proposed several pages and UI styles for this new project. Created the UI color palette and CSS styles, all consistent with the brand book guidelines.
- Crafted logo, visual identity, UI style, and tiny animation creation.
- Created the MVP of the mobile application connected to the electrogustometer: product map > high fidelity mockups > animated prototype on Figma > usability test.
- Created the MVP web app for consulting electrogustometer data and monitoring measurements: user flow > wireframing > high fidelity mockups > animated prototype on Figma.
- Worked on a two-year residency in the world's largest startup campus in Paris with 1,000 other startups. https://stationf.co/.
External Senior UX Designer
- Designed the first Criteo SaaS platform, where the user can set up his campaign and utilize the most complex technologies that Criteo offers, placing Criteo at the forefront of marketing technology.
- Traveled to Barcelona to interview account managers linked to the user segment and collected and interpreted the data needed for performing the task as a UX researcher.
- Designed the first live version of the user flow alongside two product managers that, regarding its complexity, took skill, attention, and flexibility. This version was positively received and validated by every stakeholder involved.
- Teamed up with a product manager and a developer to define the tracking plan for the minimum valuable product (MVP) we designed. We settled on creating a dashboard to follow the main tunnel and other key data.
Co-founder and Senior UX/UI Designer
BLACK BEANS - UX Agency
- Designed and created mobile and web applications and interfaces as part of a team of two complementary UX/UI designers.
- Managed and monitored the development teams through the projects.
- Prototyped an idea, designed a new product, and improved a digital product.
- Improved digital products with best practices and tailor-made user flows.
- Created MVPs for startups and larger companies in a co-creation process.
- Designed interactive prototypes on Sketch and Figma for developers, user testing, or project funding.
- Worked with various clients, including L'Oréal, BPI, EDF, GRDF, Viadeo, AMGEN, Studiosmile, Bizzen, Cabsule, Createu.rs, Invitly, Direct Booking, Foxy Nerds, GreenGo, Horsecom, Hubivsor, Tiller, Xtramile, Ideta, MyGus, and Sobnb.
Partner and Lead UX Designer
- Helped with UX designers consultant recruitment and managed junior UX designers.
- Delivered intern workshops across the organization.
- Prototyped an idea, designed a new product, and improved an already existing digital product.
Master's Degree in Interaction Design
Strate School of Design - Sèvres, Paris, France
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring