Verified Expert in Design
Giorgio is a design director with over 12 years of experience delivering value to businesses and people with digital experiences across scales, industries, and markets. He collaborates closely with key stakeholders to help define innovation, solve problems, and create meaningful, tangible solutions that meet user expectations and reach business success. Giorgio has worked as head of design at startups, design advisor at a Fortune 500 company, and led UI/UX design teams at Deloitte Digital.
Leading Design at Platform-based Early-stage Startup
Supporting Digital Transformation with Loyalty App Design
Harmonizing Usability and Sales with B2B eCommerce Redesign
Freelance Design Consultant
- Designed a data analytics platform with social features for a startup in the cyber security industry, collaborating directly with founders and building UX, UI, and high-fidelity prototyping.
- Spearheaded the redesign of the B2C eCommerce platform for a global beauty brand, elevating the digital experience, improving advertising, and creating guidelines as a single source of truth for everything digital.
- Led the design of a new fintech B2B platform that supports consultants in private banking. Worked with C-level stakeholders and coached UI/UX and service designers to better serve businesses and customers.
- Designed an app that supports tram drivers and feeds artificial intelligence on the path to autonomous driving.
- Ideated and designed a fresh, clean, and modern website for a small B2B agency with Fortune 50 clients, creating a new UX focused on lead generation and pushing the existing branding to new heights with custom icons and a unique design system.
- Handled the envisioning of a platform for older people to get back into the workforce for a government institution.
Head of Design
Halo - Startup
- Worked closely with the founder, growth, customer success, and engineering to align product vision and define and prioritize feature development.
- Helped define product requirements, translating them into elegant end-to-end experiences with an iterative approach from journey mapping and wireframes to high-fidelity UI and interactive prototypes while incorporating user feedback.
- Led a team of designers and consultants across timezones, helping coordinate their work and removing obstacles, ensuring quality standards for the product experience and scalability.
- Rebuilt and expanded the design system and worked with the engineering team to ensure proper implementation, consistency, and scalability.
eCommerce Experience and Strategy Design Lead — Contract
- Led a client's product and strategy design team to improve their B2B eCommerce platform by aligning strategy and user experience to stakeholders' vision, engaging with Marcom, data, infrastructure, developers, and coaching designers.
- Introduced features and UX patterns aimed at collecting first-party data to deepen user understanding, grow the CRM, fuel hyper-personalization and retargeting, and generate new leads.
- Established chatbot design principles and scenarios and created chatbot flows aimed at engagement, lead generation, and sales. I also led UX writing.
Senior UX/UI Designer and Team Leader
- Led the design of a B2B dashboard that monitors channel usage and predicts problems for the fintech industry. Worked closely with the client to understand the needs of all stakeholders involved, give meaning to the data, and design the UI/UX.
- Spearheaded the redesign of a desktop app for lawyers and banks to better track user payments and insolvencies. The peculiarity of the project required a strong collaboration with the client and end-users to understand their processes and needs.
- Led the redesign of an eCommerce site for a client with a global reach to better support marketing and improve user satisfaction. This included qualitative and quantitative research, user experience design, user interface design, and implementation.
- Guided the redesign of the ATM experience for a main European fintech service provider—from the concept and UX design of all flows to UI, testing, and implementation.
- Led the design of a B2C mobile app to support the digital transformation of a multi-brand client in the food and shopping sector. The design included loyalty mechanics, gamification, promotions, a store locator, illustrations, icons, and onboarding.
- Scanned the digital world for products and services, new technologies, inspiring marketing strategies, and best practice innovations in the fintech, transportation, consumer goods, utilities, production, media, and health industries.
Digital Art Director
- Designed a digital native advertising format with engaging interactions to present the new fashion collection of a global client.
- Ideated and supervised an editorial communication plan on social networks, including infographics, articles, illustrations, graphic animations, and video shoots. The editorial plan lasted one year and was run in three European countries.
- Designed a digital native advertising format with engaging interactions to celebrate the heritage of a retail client alongside the history of Milan.
- Crafted the image of a DJ from branding (logo, color palette, typography, and other assets) to the digital presence (web design and social media).
Visual Design Lead
- Designed the interface of the platform that allows users to rent and display workspaces, set up payments, and interact with each other.
- Built the brand identity of the service, including the logo, color palette, typography, illustrations, videos, presentations, and other assets.
- Planned everything related to marketing and advertising, defined budget allocations, and delivered presentations for investors and competitions.
Art Director in Cross-media Advertising
- Created cross-media engagement and awareness for EasyJet and Vogue. This work included the creative concept and design of a contest, an event, a website, editorial content, and offline and online communication.
- Assisted with crafting the communication materials (in-store, print, digital, and video) for the branding campaign of a fashion capsule collection by Adidas and Vanity Fair.
- Created cross-media engagement and awareness for Dior and Vanity Fair. This work included the creative concept for the design of an event, a website, branding, a social content plan, editorial content, and offline and online communication.
Designer for Change
- Drove kids (ages five to ten) to adopt healthy behaviors through a series of workshops and activities based on education, storytelling, and gaming.
- Envisioned the future of community foundations based on global and local trends, competitor analysis, and insights from qualitative research with experts from the field.
- Mentored professionals and students in design thinking, user experience design, and service design through a series of workshops.
- Supported the entry of a global company into five new European countries, defining guidelines for new brands and sub-brands through ethnography, market research, and storytelling.
- Co-created innovation of meaning for multiple brands of the same global company through ethnography, market research, envisioning, and storytelling.
- Collaborated with a client to frame their position against global competitors through marketing research and semiotic analysis.
6-week Online Course in Strategic Design, Business design, MBA, Innovation
d.MBA - Berlin, Germany
Master's Degree in Product Service System Design
Polytechnic University of Milan - Milan, Italy
Master's Degree in Design and Psychology (Foreign Exchange)
Eindhoven University of Technology - Eindhoven, Netherlands
Bachelor's Degree in Product Design
Polytechnic University of Milan - Milan, Italy
Google Analytics Individual Qualification
Google Digital Academy (Skillshop)
University of Pennsylvania | via Coursera
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring