Verified Expert in Design
Jamie is a product director with two decades of industry experience. She's led many international teams spanning the globe, delivering top-notch product and application designs using the latest technology platforms. Hailing from the Pacific Northwest, she moved her freelance business from Portland, Oregon, the US to Amsterdam, the Netherlands in 2011; where she currently resides.
Product and User Experience Director
Grand Point | G & P Consultancy B.V.
- Provided interactive UX design services, creative concepts, and design direction on a contract basis for various international clients.
- Worked with the Philips TV UX design team leading the creative concepts for user experience and visual design for high-end Philips television sets for product years 2013-2016+. Philips became the first European TV brand to bring TVs powered by Android™ and we integrated Google Material Design standards into the design. Managed international teams based in Europe, Taiwan, and India to ensure a high-quality product from conception to development.
- Worked with Downstream to art-direct the concept strategy and UX design for a large international building that is being renovated within the Netherlands which will house multiple large interactive installations, including the largest interactive wall in Europe! I led the concept strategy, user experience design, and oversaw visual design and development for the applications. Interfaced and directed international teams based in Europe, United States, and Russia to ensure development met the vision standards.
- Worked with Formula Essent to create a better user experience and visual design to generate more impressions and sales via the web. Essent.nl was later named later named #1 energy branch in WUA!’s top 100 best websites of 2015.
- Worked for several clients: Nike, Microsoft, Palm, Philips, Essent, and Briddge.
- Art-directed and designed on a per contract basis for a wide variety of international clients.
- Worked on projects ranging from video, animation, photography, websites, games, multi-touch environments, installations, print, and mobile platforms.
- Directed every aspect of the brand’s marketing effort to be reached.
- Designed for several clients: Johnson Controls, Intel, Symantec, Cisco, and Holiday Inn.
- Created concepts and art-directed for all internal full-service agency clients.
- Identified the scope of projects, deciphered the client’s needs, and led client presentations.
- Supervised teams and projects—delegating responsibilities and thinking outside the box on solutions for their full-service marketing efforts.
- Worked for a variety of clients: Nike, Umpqua Bank, Newton Vineyards, Domaine Chandon, Demarini, Leatherman, Yakima, Involver Inc., Energy Trust, Hollywood Theater, and the Oregon Lottery.
Senior Interactive Designer
Portland Trail Blazers
- Acted as the lead interactive designer for the Rose Quarter (now known as Moda Center) and Portland Trail Blazers National Basketball Association.
- Created concepts and senior interactive designs for internal and external websites.
- Designed the interactive advertising, social networking, and micro-blogging.
- Created a strategic email marketing design for external communications.
Senior Interactive Designer
American Red Cross
- Acted as the senior interactive designer for the Oregon Trail Chapter of the American Red Cross.
- Created the branding style-guides for web and print usage.
- Produced designs for large events—including web advertising, print, and city signage.
- Crafted the interactive strategy for internal and external websites.
- Created software demos and designed e-learning course instruction materials for an online education system.
- Crafted illustrations and animation designs for the educational software platform.
- Edited videos and audio.
- Performed overall project management.
Associate Degree in Animation, Art, and Design
The Art Institute of Seattle - Seattle, WA, USA
Earned Credits in General Education
Portland Community College - Portland, OR, USA
Member of the Design Leadership Forum
Member of the Leading Design Community
Portland State University (Portland, OR, USA)