Verified Expert in Design
Jessica has over ten years of experience designing for mobile apps (iOS and Android), software, responsive web, information architecture, and conducting user testing. She has developed design systems, and has served in lead design roles, working closely with product managers and engineers. Her work has won several awards including Best Android Security product. Past clients and employers have included Google, Microsoft, and Ubiquiti.
- Collaborated with clients to understand user needs. Crafted compelling experiences for responsive web, Android and iOS apps, web, and software applications.
- Created deliverables that included information architecture, wireframes, mockups, state diagrams, prototypes, user tests, and research presentations.
- Led the user experience design in collaboration with Left Field Labs to publish the Google Open Source website by creating personas, information architecture, and detailed wireframes.
- Designed a barcode scanning feature developed for an iOS and Android app.
- Collaborated with HP Labs and the internal team to create a scientific infographics web application using D3.js.
Senior UI and UX Designer
- Collaborated closely with project managers and engineers to design features for the Norton Mobile Security product for iOS and Android.
- Created a design system using shared components for Norton Mobile Security for Android app.
- Created rapid prototypes with InVision for user testing.
- Led usability testing and established testing standards across all Norton products and product teams.
- Won the 2017 Best Android Security product award from AV-Test for Norton Security for Android, and the Best Freemium Option in the Android Antivirus Apps category, TOMS Guide 2017.
Senior UI and UX Designer
- Collaborated closely with engineers and the creative director to create web applications for wireless internet service providers (think Comcast on a smaller scale).
- Wrote product requirements and gathered user feedback from our online community forum.
- Developed a discovery feature that allowed internet service providers to easily add devices to their network.
- Incorporated real-time feedback spanning multiple categories for network devices.
- Designed a feature for a mapping application that allowed technical installers to see the connection strength between antenna tower location and a customer's router. Connection strength was based on distance, geography, and device type.
Interaction Design Lead
Fjord (Acquired by Accenture)
- Redesigned the UX for a financial software infographics product developed for JP Morgan Chase.
- Redesigned the Farmer's Insurance Group's responsive website.
- Participated in project scoping and time estimation.
- Created interactive prototypes using Axure.
- Developed materials and presentations for client reviews.
- Developed the interaction design of a Microsoft newsstand application.
- Designed the information architecture, user flows, scenarios, and screens of the entire application.
- Developed shared frameworks to communicate clearly across teams.
- Incorporated Windows specific behaviors into the app, including snap mode, semantic zoom, and keyboard controls.
- Designed features for Xbox Music, a Windows and Xbox app.
- Designed UX for eCommerce websites and experiences for Tea Collection, Isaay.com, Wild Things Gear, Henri Bendel, Life is Good, and The North Face. Deliverables included site maps, user flows, taxonomy and metadata documents, wireframes, and state diagrams.
- Developed enhancements for Fluid's configurator product, which allowed clients to customize goods such as jackets, shoes, sheets, and bundles.
- Created presentation materials for client reviews.
- Worked closely with the strategy team to create competitive research documentation.
UNC Chapel Hill
- Collaborated with UX, tech, and marketing to redesign the visual identity of the School of Information and Library Science webpage.
- Created a design system with reusable, shared components to be used across the site.
- Assessed the needs of the UNC community (prospective students, visitors, and employers).
- Redesigned the UI and UX for websites incorporating photos and essays from CDLA’s archives.
- Incorporated archival best practices while translating CDLA documents into digital formats.
Master's Degree in Information Science
UNC Chapel Hill - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Communications Design, Major: Graphic Design
Pratt Institute - Brooklyn, New York, USA