Verified Expert in Design
Currently based in the Pacific Northwest, Joel is a product designer with over 10 years of experience in UX/UI design, front-end development, and WordPress development. He has led various UX research projects, helping companies change their designs and products based on users' needs.
Senior Software Engineer | Product Designer
ProspectNow by Buildout
- Redesigned the branding and set up design standards for their marketing design.
- Rebuilt the entire platform in a modern framework.
- Redesigned the platform based on user studies and user interviews with our clients.
Founder | CEO
- Designed and developed a gaming network for gamers all over the world.
- Conducted UX research for user feedback with Alpha Launched.
- Launched the alpha test in October 2015, which recruited around 260 members.
- Created a new listing website for streamers who are inclusive to get a new way to get discovered. https://gamershive.tv.
Director of Product
- Handled the flow and creation of new features or products.
- Built and mentored a team of designers by preparing goals, 1-on-1 catch-up meetings, setting up OKRs, and guiding them to success.
- Set up global design standards for the platform and worked with a design agency to develop a full UI design kit after redesigning the marketing site.
- Helped mentor another designer in user interviews, conducted user interviews with students to understand how they use the platform, and worked on improving the experience.
- Consulted and acted as a Scrum master on design sprints.
- Managed the connection between the design agency and stakeholders for the marketing website redesign.
- Consulted with redirects, SEO, and WordPress development.
- Interviewed, hired, and trained a team of developers and designers to work on MesotheliomaGuide.com.
- Provided feedback and design guidance to the design team.
- Gave feedback and development guidelines to the development team.
- Guided the company in using the product and created A/B tests to increase conversion.
- Assisted in the event of an emergency with the site.
Ascentus | Crow's Nest Digital, LLC
- Interviewed, hired, and managed a team of designers, and web and mobile developers.
- Planned, designed, and developed a lead generation site called MesotheliomaGuide.com.
- Planned, designed, and developed the Addiction Center.
- Collaborated and executed A/B tests to increase conversion in the company's products.
- Mentored and managed a team to create the Cerebral Palsy Guide in just one month.
- Managed a team to develop and deliver the FitnessTracker+ app (iOS).
Lead Front-end Developer
- Established coding standards for the front-end developers to follow and modify as they grew.
- Served as a project lead for one of the top clients of the agency and led the creation and testing of a website prototype for UX research.
- Established WordPress as the main CMS for smaller clients of the agency.
Southern Technical College
- Developed a lesson plan for the course "Introduction to Web Design."
- Taught people of various age groups to design and develop a website.
- Provided 1:1 aid to students on the different projects.
- Provided a scenario for the students to be able to critique the work with practical input and not just opinions.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interactive Media Design
The Art Institute of Tampa - Tampa, FL (USA)