Juan Martín García
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Toptal Member Since
April 29, 2019
Juan is a UI/UX designer and front-end developer with excellent communication skills and more than a decade of experience. He's worked as a contractor for teams of various sizes and notable companies and institutions such as Microsoft, Viacom, Fox, Nickelodeon, the University of North Carolina, Faena Hotels, Renault, and Banco Santander Río, among many others.
Juan is available for hireHire Juan
Cielo | Responsive Website for a Drone Retailer
Web UX DesignWeb UI DesignWeb DesignMobile Web DesignDesktop Web DesignDrone Services+ 8 more
Adversary | Responsive Website and Platform Design
Web DesignResponsive DesignWeb UXWeb UISketchingWireframing+ 9 more
University of North Carolina | E-learning Module Design
Educational Platform DesignE-learningPlatform DesignOnline Course DesignWeb UX DesignWeb UI Design+ 4 more
2008 - PRESENT
UX/UI Designer | Front-end Developer
- Designed and developed the UX/UI for an iPad app designed for the management of clinical records in the United States; also created the entire design system.
- Built and designed the front-end of the site for a drone retail company in Argentina.
- Designed the UX/UI for a digital newspaper's proof of concept along with several customization features and personalization options for the user.
- Designed and developed the front-end and back-end of a health website that would provide general information for the users about otorhinolaryngology (a surgical subspecialty within medicine that deals with conditions of the ear, nose, and throat and related structures of the head and neck).
- Analyzed data from usability tests and enhanced the UX and UI to streamline the checkout experience for an airline service in Argentina.
2018 - 2020
Product Design Mentor | Technical Expert
Thinkful & Bloc
- Mentored students who were taking various product design courses.
- Worked as a technical expert, helping students debug issues with their front-end code.
- Reviewed and graded students' submissions and exercises.
- Reviewed portfolios and provided advice to students building their design and development portfolios.
Technologies: UsabilityHub, Balsamiq, Adobe Experience Design (XD), InVision Studio, InVision, Sketch, Figma
2014 - 2019
- Designed and developed the front-end for a platform for HR at a construction company, including the native Android app and web application.
- Built and created the design of several websites for several companies; these were mainly related to the oil and construction industries.
- Managed a UX/UI team for several products related to healthcare.
- Designed the UI for an online tool related to education for the University of North Carolina.
- Oversaw the UX/UI design of both a native iOS mobile app and a desktop web app for a company related to appraisals.
Technologies: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Experience Design (XD), Visual Studio Code (VS Code), InVision Studio, InVision, Balsamiq Mockups, Sketch, Figma
2012 - 2014
Graphic and Editorial Designer
- Created the cover designs for several book collections from the editorial.
- Designed the internal layout for an illustrated book and newspaper supplements.
- Built, designed, and maintained websites.
2010 - 2015
Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design
University of Buenos Aires, Faculty of Architecture, Design, and Urbanism - Buenos Aires, Argentina