Verified Expert in Design
With over 15 years of experience in design, Korana's work spans a number of UX, UI, and graphic design projects. She's worked for Adidas, Pacific Disaster Centre, Transperfect, and Noteworth and is a co-founder of Zingword.com, a startup translation marketplace. Korana enjoys UX challenges and uses custom illustrations to give character to her designs. In her spare time, she does stop-motion animation.
Zingword | A Translation Workplace
Air Traffic Management | Education and Communication App
Lead UX/UI Designer for Enterprise Document Search System
- Conducted qualitative and quantitative UX research to develop a legal document search, document viewer, and redactor web application.
- Built high-fidelity interactive prototypes for different designs and workflows based on UX research and testing results via Axure RP Pro.
- Designed a UI for the web application and its desktop version, which serves as an uploader and document queue controller, using Sketch and Axure RP Pro.
- Designed and created small animations to be used in the final product.
- Collaborated with the front-end team to test a developed product and perform a UX review using Microsoft Azure.
Co-founder | Chief Design Officer | UX/UI Designer
- Designed the company's visual identity from logo and mascot designs to the final application.
- Conducted detailed quantitative and qualitative UX research of behavioral and attitudinal types.
- Designed the complete UI for the translator workplace, including the user dashboard, client search pages, user profile creation steps, messaging interface, and project pages.
- Developed the communication workflow with the user, including newsletters, automated emails through Intercom and Autopilot, and direct HTML emails.
- Created animated video graphics for the platform, loaders, and mobile use.
- Built interactive prototypes for each development and testing phase using Sketch, Figma, and Axure RP Pro.
- Oversaw the development of each stage of the platform using GitHub, CSS revisions, and VSC.
Freelance Designer and Illustrator
Home-based Studio | LOBO Design
- Created visual identities and developed brand guidelines.
- Designed print materials using different standard and special printing techniques.
- Generated wireframes, user workflows, and high-res interactive prototypes for native and B2B desktop and mobile applications, using Sketch, InVision, and Axure RP Pro.
- Designed a complete UX and UI for native and B2B applications.
- Devised custom illustrations for print and digital use. They included posters, brochures, websites, mobile apps, and pitch decks.
- Crafted motion graphics and custom animations for websites, mobile intros, and UI interactions.
Lead Visual Product Designer for a Cross-device SaaS Solution
Noteworth, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Designed a healthcare Android and iOS native app as well as a web platform.
- Designed UX flows for data collection, condition management, and remote monitoring.
- Created custom illustrations for mobile app user joyrides.
- Created and maintained Sketch libraries used by multiple members.
- Conducted small-scale research on competitor apps.
Data Merge Designer
Pacific Disaster Center
- Designed an InDesign template that uses Data Merge to generate versions of the brochure from an Excel source file.
- Created autogenerated graphs in the InDesign templates using the same Excel data.
- Worked on the UX and UI for a website providing users with the same data shared in the brochures, based on their search.
UX/UI Designer for a Mobile App
Himalayan Academy Publications (via Toptal)
- Designed a mobile reading app that is available on both Android and iPhone.
- Handled prototyping and communication through InVision.
- Designed a mobile event app accessible on both Android and iPhone.
Modern Dental Services (via Toptal)
- Redesigned the complete visual identity, including logo, color palette, and font design.
- Developed the brand book, including logo variations, specifications, and brand guidelines.
- Created promotional brochures communicating the company's products and services.
- Designed the special promotional print materials for events, such as posters, flyers, and booth design.
- Redesigned the company's corporate website apexdp.com.
- Managed and led the design and art direction of print materials.
- Worked with brands like Visa, Adidas, and Beiersdorf.
- Communicated with the printers and oversaw product delivery.
- Created designs for digital materials from banners to websites and mobile applications.
- Developed and maintained brand guidelines for in-house and client use.
- Worked with brands such as Vipnet, Karlovačko, and the Croatia Tourism Board.
- Developed concepts and designs for ads and commercials.
- Created visual identities and packaging designs for smaller brands.
- Created illustrations to be used in animations and printed materials.
- Worked on desktop publishing and preparing different types of files for different types of print and production.
Master's Degree in Graphic Design
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Graphic Arts - Zagreb, Croatia