Verified Expert in Design
Lillian has worked in the industry for about a decade working on websites, apps, VUIs, annual reports, branding, presentations, IPOs, wayfinding, and more. Recently, she’s worked in Agile teams of all sizes on both software and hardware products—serving as product owner (as needed) and product designer. What Lillian does is work jointly with product owners and development teams to create intuitive product experiences.
ecobee Smartbuildings Webapp
Teridion Website and Marketing Creatives
Staff Product Designer
- Designed multiple features that help general partners manage private equity assets and distribute information to their limited partner clients.
- Integrated many user research methods to improve the product design process. Evangelized and advocated for research integration to elevate our decision-making process.
- Created multiple customer journey maps to document complex accounting processes.
- Redesigned DynamoDB, one of the most popular NoSQL database services.
- Led the design for Connections, Amazon's HR platform.
- Managed a small team of designers with two senior designers, overseeing their design and career progression.
- Maintained and improved product design processes with the product manager and engineering leads.
UX Lead | Product Owner
- Led all design initiatives throughout Mitre Media.
- Established a UX design process from discovery to design, testing, and deployment.
- Spearheaded the user research strategy for all of Mitre Media's products.
- Designed and branded Mitre Media's new web app, Propelor.
- Served as the product owner by overseeing the product roadmap, backlog, and sprint meetings and defining new valuable features for our users.
- Worked closely with our development team and CEO within a flexible Agile framework.
- Designed ecobee's Smartbuildings: a B2B web platform.
- Facilitated discovery interviews with users to define app requirements.
- Led design workshops and design sprints to facilitate cross-functional brainstorming.
- Conducted usability tests.
- Created and maintained a pattern library for Smartbuildings.
- Collaborated with developers, QA specialists, researchers, and PMs to deliver via a strict Agile framework.
- Designed the ecobee Smartbuildings corporate website.
- Designed Opera VPN Android, which netted almost 1 million downloads within the first month.
- Performed user research to test design ideas and functionality.
- Designed the Opera VPN app to accommodate nine languages.
- Worked on an Agile team.
- Completed other design tasks included designing emails, marketing campaigns, digital ads, and websites.
- Designed websites, branding, annual reports, IPOs, signage, videos, presentations, and more.
- Worked in a cross-functional team with project managers, investor relation professionals, developers, editors, and printers.
- Worked with a varied client list including Hudson's Bay, Canadian Tire, Merck, Pfizer, AMG, Pivot Technologies, Com Dev (now Honeywell Aerospace) to name a few.
Bachelor's Degree in Design
York University/Sheridan College (Joint Venture) - Toronto, Canada
Certificate in User Experience: UX Research Specialty
Nielsen Norman Group
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring