Verified Expert in Design
Mahamud is a product designer living around Southeast Asia, currently Thailand. He has over five years of versatile design experience creating digital products and interactive and visual experiences, such as websites, web apps, motion graphics, illustrations, print designs, and full branding solutions. Mahamud applies a user-centered vision to help internal and external teams write product requirements, delivering research insights, experience maps, information architecture, and wireframes.
Medvice | App Design and Development
Perun Network | Website Design and Branding
Medvice | Website Design and Branding
American Security Cabinets LLC | Production Web Application Design
- Designed the entire user experience of several digital products, including the B2C mobile app's MVP, B2B mobile app, dashboard, and tablet in-clinic application.
- Created the user flow of all mobile and web applications and led a design team of three.
- Applied qualitative and quantitative methods through interviews, observations, mid-scale surveys, and product data insights to analyze our user base or product data and incorporate this into our products.
- Devised the full art direction and design of the company's pre-existing website using new branding and made it user-friendly using user-centered methodologies.
- Worked alongside product owners, marketing professionals, and designers to understand user research needs, design all our products, or enhance an existing feature.
- Represented user needs by delivering engaging and clear insights and actionable recommendations to the team, filing bugs, and following up on solving critical user journeys.
- Produced the necessary illustrations and followed up with company illustrators.
- Developed marketing and printing materials and advertisements for company showcasing.
- Conducted user testing using high-fidelity prototypes and recorded all insights.
- Analyzed the market and competitors, collaborating with the marketing team.
Freelance Multidisciplinary Designer and Illustrator
- Completed designs for products, web, UI/UX, illustrations, graphics, motion graphics, and print, working freelance for six years.
- Contributed to many small and large-scale clients, from individuals to corporate companies.
- Produced illustrations for clothing companies such as East Coast Lifestyle and Wood Wood.
- Created a YouTube ad for a Germany-based recruitment company.
- Partnered with strategy and innovation managers, product managers, marketing professionals, illustrators, animators, and designers to define research needs or create designs.
- Designed various applications' micro-interactions and animations.
- Conducted market and user research to understand capabilities and requirements and define easy-to-use and understand user flows.
Part-time UI Designer
- Created various company MVPs' UI design elements as part of the game studio's UI design team.
- Collaborated with UX and level UX designers, marketing professionals, and product owners to understand user interface needs.
- Represented the user needs we discovered from extensive project user research in the UI projects.
- Contributed to the UI design elements, design principles, game walkthroughs, and user research of the company's core product: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- Conceptualized and pitched a new add-on for the Playstation/Battle.net integration to bridge relationships between game developers and customers.
- Conducted a UX audit, identifying usability issues in the Infinity Ward website that inhibit clarity and the ability to perform fundamental tasks.
- Developed use case scenarios for several upcoming undisclosed company assets.
Perun (now PolyCrypt)
- Created the complete company branding, from logo to printing collaterals.
- Built the company's landing page by making wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes based on user research and collaborating with the team's front-end developer to create the website's front-end using simple Vanilla JS.
- Designed and enhanced all components, such as tables, charts, panels, and filtering options, from existing low-fidelity wireframes.
- Collaborated with the team's front-end and core developers to implement several design components in the blockchain product.
- Provided art direction for all visual needs to add storytelling to the general user experience while also handling all visual needs to illustrations.
Freelance Multidisciplinary Designer
- Designed and art-directed the Prague Film Awards' 2019 official website, managing the project's design needs, from creating wireframes to building prototypes.
- Built high-fidelity prototypes and conducted user testing to assess performance, then created all assets in collaboration with the development team.
- Developed the UI/UX design projects' user journeys and wireframes based on user survey data.
- Created the Topography Tea product's complete branding, from logo to packaging designs.
- Performed the rebranding of IT company: LA Creative Inc's website and marketing materials.
- Produced custom illustrations and UI libraries used for creating high-fidelity mockups in many agency projects.
- Defined user flows in the projects I handled and worked closely with the development team during implementations.
- Engaged as the official designer and illustrator for an artist named Jpaulished.
- Produced illustrations for the assigned artist's singles cover and created designs for any merchandise and marketing material.
- Created motion graphics and handled video production for the singles to be released on YouTube.
Artwork Management Intern
- Maintained liaison with packaging designers, design houses, and design production as part of the company's artwork management team.
- Contributed first-hand to graphic, packaging, and print designs and oversaw all product designs' record-keeping.
- Collaborated closely with the design team and agencies to ensure health protocols and all necessary information were followed correctly in the packaging of products.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Economics
Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenburg - Halle, Germany
Google UX Design Professional Certificate
Google | via Coursera